12330 109 Ave | 23m | 6s | Pyrmont Developments | FAAS Architecture

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thanks @IanO - we are excited about this. @Glenco , yes a lot more setbacks that we wanted, but we are trying, as much as we could , to be good neighbours. We want to bring some vibrancy to that part of 124st... so pumped about this project.
I love the project and I'm grateful for it! will breathe life and bring in some density to an area in dire need!

Thanks @IanO - we are excited about this. @Glenco , yes a lot more setbacks that we wanted, but we are trying, as much as we could , to be good neighbours. We want to bring some vibrancy to that part of 124st... so pumped about this project.
You guys are contributing something great with this project and I hope we can see more like it around Edmonton. I quite like the different tiers in the design actually and think it looks very nice for the area! 😁

Welcome, @eiaw83! I love this project and think this is exactly the type of development needed to take 124th street to the next level. It is definitely turning into like our third main street (After Whyte and Jasper) with everything going on in the area. I'm super glad developers like @PyrDev and Beljan see the potential in this area and are helping make it even better.

I second this feeling of 124 becoming our 3rd main street. It feels like it's been on the cusp for some time, so I love seeing this happen.
Yes, it is improving and I think it will become a very good street. It is a nice alternative to Whyte Ave, without all the bars and more affordable rent for small and local businesses. More people living nearby will just add to that.

I'm not sure if I can call 124th Edmonton's third street given the size of Alberta Avenue. 124th is a very attractive area though.

97 might argue as well from 105-111ave
The difference is that while 124 St is attracting people and developments, 97 St is losing them. A revival in the area could bring 97 St back to it's former glory and push it as a 4th main street for the city, but there are way too many issues to be fixed in the area before this is in the sights. In order, I would say that 97th area needs to address: safety -> infrastructure -> residential density before anything.

How many main streets do we need before we're considered a big metropolitan city?? 😂

How many main streets do we need before we're considered a big metropolitan city?? 😂
Unfortunately I fear that in the eyes of a lot of people outside of Edmonton we will always be considered a small city. Every time I mention to someone even someone from the Edmonton region that we're 1 million plus with almost 1.4 in the metro they're shocked that we've gotten so big. Most people think Winnipeg is bigger than us (these are obviously people who have zero interest in cities or city planning). I think it's because when people think of Edmonton they either think of the mall or Wayne Gretzky. Edmonton really needs to start marketing itself as the modern, progressive (by Albertan standards) cosmopolitan city that it is.

The difference is that while 124 St is attracting people and developments, 97 St is losing them. A revival in the area could bring 97 St back to it's former glory and push it as a 4th main street for the city, but there are way too many issues to be fixed in the area before this is in the sights. In order, I would say that 97th area needs to address: safety -> infrastructure -> residential density before anything.
Amazing what happens when you put a bunch of supervised injection in one area, push multiple service providers into one spot and not a lot of other supportive services or oversight.

Back