• I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Apparently these three buildings on the northeast corner of 109 Ave and 124 Street are slated for demolition. I'm not aware of any proposals for their replacement at this time.

1583949321049.png

Permit Type Major Development Permit
Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Mar 10, 2020
Status In Progress
Description of Development To demolish four buildings (3 Apartment buildings and 1 detached Garage)
Address 12330 - 109 AVENUE NW

Apparently these three buildings on the northeast corner of 109 Ave and 124 Street are slated for demolition. I'm not aware of any proposals for their replacement at this time.

View attachment 236083

Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Mar 10, 2020
Status In Progress
Description of Development To demolish four buildings (3 Apartment buildings and 1 detached Garage)

There has been fencing up around them since at least last summer. Great spot for some increased density. 15- 20 storeys would be nice, but I suspect there would be some opposition to something that tall there

Last edited:
There has been fencing up around them since at least last summer. Great spot for some increased density. 15- 20 storeys would be nice, but I suspect there would be some opposition to something that tall there
Went by on the weekend. one of the apartments has the siding stripped off.

The owners rezoned the site a few years ago. Not particularly sophisticated but maybe they've sold it or partnered with someone. They plan to build a 6-storey mixed use building.

Here is the approved DC2.

PERMIT_DATE April 03, 2020
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 12330 - 109 AVENUE NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD WESTMOUNT
JOB_DESCRIPTION To demolish 3 residential apartment buildings, and 1 detached accessory building - CONFIRM DP HAS CLEARED NOTICES - JOB 002
BUILDING_TYPE Apartments (310)
WORK_TYPE (99) Demolition
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 30,000

Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Apr 21, 2020
Status Approved

Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Apr 21, 2020
Status Approved

Hello All,

We are developing this property. We are currently going through the rezoning process to increase the density. The previous owner had rezoned the site but the number of units was capped to 35...We are keeping it to 6-storey with main floor retail and are increasing the F.A.R, site coverage and number of units, nothing major from the original DC2. I've attached a couple renderings
SW Corner.jpg
SE Corner.jpg
124.jpg

Back