East Junction | 86m | 25s | Regency Developments | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Most likely their dumbed down 6-storey from what it's original height was supposed to be...on the existing parkade.

The tax structure changes the feds are making may be helping to launch stalled rental development.

Here is an old article about the measure that was in the budget but not largely covered.

I don't know what changes were made to prevent the misuse listed.

Last edited:
I’d welcome any action at this point (whatever gets built will be better than the giant pit currently there.) And anything that gets more people living centrally and near transit is a positive in my books, even if it isn’t that exciting.

Last edited:
My spouse works for a utility company and was doing some work at the site. The rental office for the old gardens buildings has been moved and people currently living in the town homes wont have their rents renewed.

My spouse works for a utility company and was doing some work at the site. The rental office for the old gardens buildings has been moved and people currently living in the town homes wont have their rents renewed.
What is the "old gardens building?" What do you suggest this all means?
EDIT: you are referring to the buildings still standing? In that case, I guess it means Regency is indeed planning on developing that land. Strange, considering their “open pit of apocalypse” still has enough room for a few more 1000 units…..

Last edited:
Definitely sad for the residents, I'm sure it's pretty affordable. But man those have been getting long in the tooth for awhile now.

What is the "old gardens building?" What do you suggest this all means?
EDIT: you are referring to the buildings still standing? In that case, I guess it means Regency is indeed planning on developing that land. Strange, considering their “open pit of apocalypse” still has enough room for a few more 1000 units…..
The town houses are called Hollyrood Gardens.

Indeed yes they will be coming down.

as for “open pit of apocalypse” there has been work happening on site.

Its my understanding that the new tax/depreciation wrote offs on purpose built rentals are a real game changer for stalled developments.

The feds get things right some times i guess. ;)

Crews and cranes. Really nice to see things getting active again.

PXL_20240524_185521416.jpg
PXL_20240524_185615629.jpg
PXL_20240525_162727099.jpg

Back