News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Duggan Bridge Replacement

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
The current scope of engineering work includes the design and construction for the replacement of the Duggan Bridge, and the road rehabilitation of Saskatchewan Drive from 106 Street to 107 Street. The detailed design of the bridge and road was completed in fall 2020.

The new bridge will be a single span with steel girders supporting a concrete deck. The bridge will carry the same 2 lanes of traffic with a sidewalk to the south. The sidewalk on the north will be changed to a 4.2 metre wide shared-use path. A pedestrian lookout will be constructed as part of the bridge.

Duggan Bridge Replacement Project​

Project will replace the aging Duggan Bridge in Edmonton, along Saskatchewan Drive between 106 Street and 107 Street.
A shared use path will be built on the north and south side of the bridge.
Municipality:Edmonton
Sector:Infrastructure
Type:Roadwork
Schedule:2021 - 2022
Estimated Cost:$9.0M
Stage:Under Construction
Developer:City of Edmonton

^No renders that I could find.
There will be a 4.2 metre wide SUP on the south walkway and a viewing deck at the north walkway. The bridge is scheduled to open late his year as stated in the Feb project update, hopefully...
A pic from this past Saturday
2021-06-12 014.JPG

^ Yes, there will be, I didn't word that quite right, my bad :oops:
"The new bridge will be a single span with steel girders supporting a concrete deck. The bridge will carry the same 2 lanes of traffic with a sidewalk to the south. The sidewalk on the north will be changed to a 4.2 metre wide shared-use path. A pedestrian lookout will be constructed as part of the bridge."

Back