News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Downtown

I'm fine with them removing the plaque permanently, I'm curious where the plaque is going to go. It's too bad though that something more constructive couldn't have been done.
It would be nice to have a new plaque at this same location that would give a full story. Something that would state that the old plaque was there and why, but also include the reasons why the plaque was removed and about his negative actions.

Every time I walked past the Enbridge Building I was amazed at how clean and well kept the entire property was. With the posts about cleanliness above, I did another fly by last week and again the property was immaculate. And lo and behold I saw the building maintenance guy out with his mop and bucket MOPPING the sidewalk. I walked over to congratulate him on a job well done and he smiled and pointed to the building and said “ very strict, someone drops something and they call me to pick it up”. I don’t see why we can’t have more of this with more properties. A shared responsibility with the City taking the primary role but property owners, managers and even tenants getting in on the action. All taking pride and care in how their property looks. We definitely have a shortage of that as some folks noted above. Here are a couple shots of the property from earlier last week. You can see the gentlemen with his mop and bucket off in the distance with the evidence of his hard work is the foreground.
FC757486-A128-481B-B996-E183AFFAB9B6.jpeg
7B18B0E5-9C53-47BB-B389-F60AD8F0CE2F.jpeg

That's rather unfortunate for 104st for it was another destination retailer.

My semi-educated guess.

*parking complaints
*safety/disorder issues
*lack of other retailers

Last edited:
Kitchen By Brad was always an enclosed space. I hope the next tenant opens something that is more window-friendly.

Northern Chicken

'Cowan said moving into the soon-to-be-vacant Say Uncle space at 10184 104 Street — leased by business partner Jimmy Shewchuk — was a natural fit.'

Sad to see.

Closures

The Nook has closed its Downtown shop, having been “asked to vacate this location by the landlord.” They have moved their equipment and furnishings into storage while they look for a new home.

Back