7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Downtown

Would I love it? YES!
Do I believe it will happen in our lifetimes? Nope =(

U never know man... the world be changin' in mysterious ways never seen before. Might happen sooner than we think! 🤭

With the way things are going for downtowns, I don't see it taking a lifetime to get a school in a space like that. There's going to have to be some serious outside-the-box thinking to get people to invest time and lifestyle into the core. Schools are definitely one of them to attract young professionals and families.

Once it's been proven in Canada somewhere, there is probably impetus to try it elsewhere. Someone just has to do it first :)

Semantics.

Point being that we have had schools here in the past/currently and could see them return with the right demand.

Oliver, Riverdale are closest.

But its not semantics when, among other things, one of the schools you listed is literally not a school. That's a pretty marked departure than just 'semantics'.

The rest are not K-12 schools in the same way we are thinking about the new school approach in the Toronto condo.

Similar schools to the one's you are arguing for exist in Toronto as well. Doesn't mean the school project isn't needed.

Centre High is for all intents and purposes a school.

McKay demonstrates that we had one and could have another in the future.

Oliver needs to be maintained and better supported to ensure its viability going forward.

Jr.High options are just north and High School has a direct LRT connect to Vic.

Back