News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Downtown Real Estate

My guess is this building that has had multiple floors available for many years:

View attachment 444925

Given that it is basically empty, I could see that.

As for CN, I reviewed the plans about what, 7yrs ago now, as I was going to be involved in a potential conversion back then, but the floor plate efficiencies simply were not there and try as they might, it could not get above 75-80% from my recollection, which made it not viable to proceed.

My guess is this building that has had multiple floors available for many years:

View attachment 444925

I'd say this is a great guess. I've kind of always wondered why it struggles so hard to lease.

My guess is Petwin Tower. It's the only office tower in their portfolio but they do have a ton of residential experience...

When does this get developed and into what? Perhaps the largest 'blight' remaining in the core (assuming the warehouse park area is excluded from this discussion).
Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 11.53.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 11.54.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 11.54.24 PM.png

Last time I pulled title it was a family (group of brothers) from Toronto or MTL, can't recall.

What will it take for this family to sell? Maybe plane tickets to view the lot with their own eyes?

What will it take for this family to sell? Maybe plane tickets to view the lot with their own eyes?
If it is making them moderate money then they could care less, or is a tax write off. IMHO their main concerns are in their hometown, not in some random property out in Alberta.

The area Ian posted along with the lots surrounding the Canadian Red Cross building are the worst (if we are not including where the Warehouse Park area will be) in the downtown area.

I hope in the not to distant future those lots get sold to developers who have a vision for those areas. A lot of potential being right in and around the government district.

The area Ian posted along with the lots surrounding the Canadian Red Cross building are the worst (if we are not including where the Warehouse Park area will be) in the downtown area.

I hope in the not to distant future those lots get sold to developers who have a vision for those areas. A lot of potential being right in and around the government district.
I think @IanO mentioned that the lots by Red Cross were at one point going to be developed, but maybe I read that incorrectly?

Nope.

Maclab owns the NEC of 106/99 that is RIPE for an Augustana 2 or something similar.

The lots north of Omega along 105st won't see anything for ever and ever, ever due to the owner.

Back