News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Downtown Real Estate

I wonder if this DC will ever see action.
DSC03621 copy.JPG

Huh, $1100/month for a furnished 1 bedroom at the lofts above central station, with all utilities included. Is our downtown really this affordable?

Edit: Nvm, the place has a few issues that probably drive the low price. But still, that's extremely cheap to be in a relatively new conversion above an LRT station downtown compared to most other cities.

Last edited:
Made the mistake of looking around DT Calgary again on realtor. The difference is honestly staggering. For 400-500 you can get what we have in legends and stantec for 700+. It’s insane. And their DT is way nicer. I don’t get it.

We need some fricken good developers. We are way behind. Half the reason I haven’t moved DT yet is because of how limited the options are. And 450-550 for fox and ultima feel like such an overpay vs what Calgary has. So sad.
F461FD98-19CA-48F9-AECE-120FD3B173DD.png

Sorta.

Legends is on a different level and only would have a couple of buildings that are comparable in terms of spec, amenity, location etc.

But point taken in that their Downtown is more attractive overall, feels safer, has a considerable amount more selection for potential buyers and has far less disconnected or forgotten lots that lead to dust, crime and garbage/dumping issues.

But point taken in that their Downtown is more attractive overall, feels safer, has a considerable amount more selection for potential buyers and has far less disconnected or forgotten lots that lead to dust, crime and garbage/dumping issues.

The point I'm trying to make only goes so far, but it kinda relates to 'you get what you pay for'.

There hasn't been nearly the kind of money/resources put into Edmonton's downtown compared to YYC with all the corporate dollars from their head offices and in turn the huge amount of tax dollars that has brought to spend downtown.

Back