News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Commuter & Regional Rail

If Reece is excited for Alberta rail I am too. Even if I don't trust the current government at all, a plan for the future we can work towards is a good thing. I also like his well thought out routing and speed considerations.

Hey @Reecemartin can you apply to be a part of the planning team for this? We in Edmonton would greatly appreciate your service.

Thanks

Hey @Reecemartin can you apply to be a part of the planning team for this? We in Edmonton would greatly appreciate your service.

Thanks

I've considered moving to Alberta a bunch of times, but so far haven't been able to get over the relative lack of frequent transit compared to Metro Vancouver or Toronto. This makes me sad because I think the Albertan cities have enormous potential, and benefit a LOT from their geography compared to say . . . Metro Vancouver. That being said I think a lot of the transport decision that have been made are head scratchers.

I don't believe there will be a public planning team and they will hire a firm to do the work, but in the work I've done outside of YouTube I have dabbled in some stuff, so . . . who knows! I would love to live in Blatchford some day if Metro Line service can be brought up to a decent level!

I've considered moving to Alberta a bunch of times, but so far haven't been able to get over the relative lack of frequent transit compared to Metro Vancouver or Toronto. This makes me sad because I think the Albertan cities have enormous potential, and benefit a LOT from their geography compared to say . . . Metro Vancouver. That being said I think a lot of the transport decision that have been made are head scratchers.

I don't believe there will be a public planning team and they will hire a firm to do the work, but in the work I've done outside of YouTube I have dabbled in some stuff, so . . . who knows! I would love to live in Blatchford some day if Metro Line service can be brought up to a decent level!
The first of 2 stations has been opened at Blatchford, but it's a 3 or 4 block walk from the nearest habitation.

The 2nd station is completed, not in operation and utilities are being used, probably for the train power too. It's even further away and about a 5 block walk from the Westwood neighbourhood.

When I was in the parks last I read a great local journalism piece talking about what is required to make Banff and Jasper truly sustainable from a tourism/community aspect.

It was more year round travel. The minister is completely correct and is matching what the towns and tourism bodies are saying… We need people to come year round so we can keep and house more year round staff.

Back