News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

Capital Line LRT

They really have to figure out what to do differently to lessen the costs of this and all future LRT projects. Even though the question has been asked in the past. I would like to know why construction for the LRT is so expensive. Is there anything that we can do here in Edmonton that would lessen the costs but not sacrifice the quality and scope of the projects.
Because its built under a p3 model. Certain economic minds will say that limits risk to the city, but it also means that you are just monetizing the risk up front.

Not a P3, it’s design build project delivery. No operations, maintenance or project financing by vendor. I believe only VLSE was built on a P3 delivery model in Edmonton

Not a P3, it’s design build project delivery. No operations, maintenance or project financing by vendor. I believe only VLSE was built on a P3 delivery model in Edmonton
VLW is a P3, although there's no operations and maintenance component. I have no idea how that works.

Design build is a form of p3 contract.

A P3 may but does not necessarily include things such as operation or maintenance.

Translink is contracted to operate the west.
TransEd, or something else? What I meant to say was that Marigold is partially financing the project in a P3 arrangement, but won't operate or maintaine the line. The operations is being contracted by the city separately.

TransEd, or something else? What I meant to say was that Marigold is partially financing the project in a P3 arrangement, but won't operate or maintaine the line. The operations is being contracted by the city separately.
Sorry yes TransEd, they will be operating the entire valley line

its a p3. The price is the price, the city doesn't manage the project.
Huh?

A) this is a design build contact, specifically a CMAR (construction management at risk) procurement; not a P3.
B) the city doesn’t manage the project, but they are the ones who can alter the scope of the project since, you know, they own the project?

Typical of many on this sub, just blame P3’s, apparently even when they aren’t used.

Back