News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Brentwood Builds Development | B&A Planning | Brentwood Community Development Group

MCXavierL

Member Bio
Reaction score
Rezoning for the redevelopment of the Brentwood community within Woodcroft is going to EDC (informal) on September 19, 2023.

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 12.34.11 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 12.34.25 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 12.34.40 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 12.34.53 PM.png

I also find it amusing that they are proposing a community park in the development when this development is literally right next to a massive park. I guess it must tick some kind of box.
I mean, it’s essentially a shared backyard, which makes a lot of sense, especially since this is likely targeting a lot of families. Coronation is great, but is massive too. A smaller, within the development type park is very attractive. Better than surface parking and adds beauty.

I mean, it’s essentially a shared backyard, which makes a lot of sense, especially since this is likely targeting a lot of families. Coronation is great, but is massive too. A smaller, within the development type park is very attractive. Better than surface parking and adds beauty.
That's a good point, but if that's what they're going for then I wish they would do it right and make it actually internal to the development and make it more of a courtyard park rather than along 114 Ave at the corner of an intersection.

I didn't realize there was already a thread. Just wanted to chip in any development in the area is good news and it looks like there will be a bump in units on the new build out. But I agree superficially they aren't nearly as rough looking as say the Baywood complex across Groat. Hope that gets a similar treatment soon.

Also hope westmount mall gets something in the old Walmart space a second grocery option would be great for the area now that investment into the area is at full steam.

Ticky tacky at its finest.
Although I agree but this is an actual little community. Lots of Kid’s and Laughter and neighbours helping neighbours.

I do some work in here, Its rather special. I appreciate how they will not renovict anyone instead they plan to keep everyone in the community by relocating people within the existing buildings.

I also find it amusing that they are proposing a community park in the development when this development is literally right next to a massive park. I guess it must tick some kind of box.
Lots and Lots and Lots of kids in here. They need a park where parents/neighbours can watch while they do dishes/tend to baby.

Actually, they were renovated just 3-5 years ago and look very new (all siding, doors and windows were changed). In nearby Dovercourt or Sherbrooke is where they look ugly but not these.
The ones in Dovercourt were ugly in the 60s. as were the ones in Sherbrook, but only slightly better than Dovercourt. These ones were always a slight cut above.

The difference a giant park makes

Ill get photos of the velodrome next time im down there.
Dovercourt has the park across but its not the same. Back in the late 60s early 70s the city closed the road between the 2 schools and created a large park. But Brentwood has always been a bit better, They have add new buildings as well.

Back