What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
Perhaps, but CP has different risks than this does. I do wonder what the timelines for some of this project are. They have already setup trailers on the west and north part of the property.

PERMIT_DATE January 10, 2019
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 1 - BONNIE DOON SHOPPING CENTRE NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD BONNIE DOON
JOB_DESCRIPTION To change the Use from a General Retail Store (Sears floor space at Bonnie Doon Mall), to a Commercial School. (Makami College) & to construct interior alterations.
BUILDING_TYPE Post-secondary Institutions (624)
WORK_TYPE (03) Interior Alterations
FLOOR_AREA 57,425
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 500,000
ZONING DC2, DC2

Stitched_004.JPG

Ask and you shall receive....

Excellent job @Daveography.

Bowling and groceries
Dave Sutherland, civics director with the Holyrood community league, spoke to council at the public hearing, largely in support of the project.

He agreed Morguard did a good job of consulting the public.

"They obviously heard loud and clear — grocery store top priority, bowling alley second priority, lots of parks and green space, lots of opportunities to gather and shop."

Knowles assured the bowling alley would be part of the new mall they plan to build at the south end of the development.

Will be interesting to see if they move on this by next year at all. I say that with the Holyrood development in mind; may explain why Regency is moving rapidly.

Will be interesting to see if they move on this by next year at all. I say that with the Holyrood development in mind; may explain why Regency is moving rapidly.

I doubt we will see much action at Bonnie Doon for the next couple years at least. There is just so much TOD inventory. Maybe things will pick up after the Valley Line SE is operational. Maybe.

Back