News   Apr 03, 2020
 8.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

Beaver Hills House Park & Michael Phair Park Renewal

so in dollars, how much for a temporary mural? Is the artist even Canadian, Albertan? Edmontonian?
She's from Edmonton lol - Im not sure what the cost is or where the funding source is but it seems like a pretty small gripe.

If you were talking about how this project probably didn't have to get done this budget cycle as it's unlikely to make much of a noticeable difference in the area, then I would agree with you.

She's from Edmonton lol - Im not sure what the cost is or where the funding source is but it seems like a pretty small gripe.

If you were talking about how this project probably didn't have to get done this budget cycle as it's unlikely to make much of a noticeable difference in the area, then I would agree with you.
GREAT to hear she is local, unlike the past foreign artists...

Funding a small gripe? then why don't you fund it? I want nothing to do with it, rather spend money on food...

GREAT to hear she is local, unlike the past foreign artists...

Funding a small gripe? then why don't you fund it? I want nothing to do with it, rather spend money on food...
Are you under the mistaken impression that funding for the arts represents some significant portion of your property taxes and that you'd even notice the difference if all arts spending was terminated?

Are you under the mistaken impression that funding for the arts represents some significant portion of your property taxes and that you'd even notice the difference if all arts spending was terminated?
He likes to complain about everything doesn’t he?

If you are at all familiar with the Renaissance and Reformation, there were millions of art projects undertaken, some would say the heyday of art. BUT, if you were an artist, YOU found a sponsor, nobody being forced to support your idea of art. Tellme, would you have funded the Tallis balls, Calgary's blue rings??? That is not art to many...

You post, I post, cope with it... Now stifle edith, and go make me a sandwich...

SgG9FpD.jpeg

If you are at all familiar with the Renaissance and Reformation, there were millions of art projects undertaken, some would say the heyday of art. BUT, if you were an artist, YOU found a sponsor, nobody being forced to support your idea of art. Tellme, would you have funded the Tallis balls, Calgary's blue rings??? That is not art to many...
🙄

I'm not going to pretend that any of this is on topic, let alone that you know all that much about what you're talking about and aren't being deeply simplistic or are capable of understanding just how bad of an analogy you're flailing away at without the kind of work that no one here owes you for free.

Last edited:
I suppose it is nicer to have something rather than a bare wall even if it is temporary. Unfortunately, I don't see the actual amount mentioned in all the back and forth which is relevant.

My reaction would be different if it was $5,000 or $1 million

Back