News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Beaumont Real Estate

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
That looks like some prime farmland that, without thoughtful planning, will be flattened with single-family homes and strip malls. I hope Beaumont also subscribed to the idea of preserving at least some of the agricultural land in its area.

Before doing anything else with Beaumont, I want to see Hwy 814 (50 St) twinned from 22 Ave SW to south of 41 Ave SW.
Why they have a 2 lane road sandwiched with 4-laners at each end continues to baffle me.

Do they still have that automated bus thing? I recall always seeing it put around when I'd drive through.

Before doing anything else with Beaumont, I want to see Hwy 814 (50 St) twinned from 22 Ave SW to south of 41 Ave SW.
Why they have a 2 lane road sandwiched with 4-laners at each end continues to baffle me.
The reason this is happening is because the City of Edmonton has made a condition of any developers with land adjacent to 50st be responsible to the twining of the road. So the twinning happens as development reaches that stage. It'll be 10-15 more years before the remainder of the road is twinned.

The reason this is happening is because the City of Edmonton has made a condition of any developers with land adjacent to 50st be responsible to the twining of the road. So the twinning happens as development reaches that stage. It'll be 10-15 more years before the remainder of the road is twinned.

Thanks for the info. I'll bet dollars to donuts that road turns into a major bottleneck during rush hour.

Love to see this in a small satellite city! Downtown Beaumont could become a thing if this it kept up along with that other nice mixed-use building on 50th street (the one with the pizza hut).

And this site is DEAD. Feels like Niche's apartment in St. Albert all over again. Mighty machines came in last year....started moving dirt, installed a new fence and now crickets...no fence...no nothing......

But this thing did get built across from Chartier....keeping with the French faux "Palace of Versailles," theming.
Capture.PNG

Back