News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Around Edmonton

The owner of the pics is a bit familiar! ;)

Fn7DSIjX0AIWP-I

Fn7DTWtXgAE0i06

Fn7DUk6XEAAg2N-

For a painting that looks pretty ugly. Everything about it from the choice of colour to the layout and application of paint is amateur. Was it a small original painting that was blown up to fit the entire wall?

That is all art has became, subjective. The profession is a joke and I regret wasting so much time and energy on it growing up.

That is all art has became, subjective. The profession is a joke and I regret wasting so much time and energy on it growing up.
Art in all of its forms, has always been, and always will be subjective. I find your opinion on ot quite disturbing and disrespectful, calling the profession "a joke", but again, it's only one man's opinion...

I dig this artwork myself. I have no idea why @itom987 dislikes it. Then again, I've had him on my Ignore List due to his insistence on demolishing the Low Level Bridge despite its historical designation.

For a painting that looks pretty ugly. Everything about it from the choice of colour to the layout and application of paint is amateur. Was it a small original painting that was blown up to fit the entire wall?
What if some little kid did this? And this is their passion now? Takes time to perfect a craft.

I dig this artwork myself. I have no idea why @itom987 dislikes it. Then again, I've had him on my Ignore List due to his insistence on demolishing the Low Level Bridge despite its historical designation.
unfortunately i think the low level bridge(s) are doomed - despite the designation - to be added to edmonton’s infamous demolition by neglect roster…

I gotta agree with @itom987 here. I like the colour choices on the Muttart mural, but the Walterdale mural looks right out of a highschool art class.

I guess Gronk never heard of my other suggestion to repurpose the low level bridge; oh well, his loss.

Chaz, you never ever see amateurs dancers winning dance competitions but, amateur artists winning art competitions happen all the time. This is an insult to the talented artists that spent years honing their skill and are capable of drawing anything in any style.
Of course I could be wrong about this painting, it is possible that the artist might not have hands and drew with their feet.

Anyways, I said what I wanted to say and i'm done with this topic.

Back