News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Are there any "Fake Buildings" In Edmonton?

NathanielBorody

Member Bio
Reaction score
In the video below, "Fake Buildings" are buildings that on the outside look like normal buildings such as a house or apartment block, etc. However, on the inside, they are used to hide an electrical substation, tunnel ventilation or water pump, etc. Now my question is, does anyone know if there are any "Fake Buildings" in Edmonton?

Your City Is Full Of Fake Buildings Here’s Why | Video By Answer In Progress

In the video below, "Fake Buildings" are buildings that on the outside look like normal buildings such as a house or apartment block, etc. However, on the inside, they are used to hide an electrical substation, tunnel ventilation or water pump, etc. Now my question is, does anyone know if there are any "Fake Buildings" in Edmonton?

Your City Is Full Of Fake Buildings Here’s Why | Video By Answer In Progress
Look up Telephone Exchange buildings in Edmonton. Many have been repurposed, including two by Beljan if I remember right.

It's not styled like an apartment building or house, but this a 'fake building'. There used to be a substation, and after they built the Heritage Valley park and ride, they covered it up.
Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 8.50.57 PM.png

Telus Toll building downtown. I’d guess majority of Edmontonians assume it’s just another basic office tower.

There are a lot of Lift Stations in Neighbourhoods that look like they should be homes. Did one on Keswick and another in Hawkridge.

And there is one in St Aabert, the riverside neighborhood. actually, looks like a 2-store home. It was out there long before the homes were built. When I was on site we had someone drive up and ask how muck. I believe it's on Redwing Wynd. The street does not exist on Google maps yet.

Back