News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Alberta Politics

Looks like Sohi has written another letter to Premier Smith about inequities between Edmonton and Calgary.

That's a lot of money the province since 2019 has covered on behalf of Calgary while not doing the same for Edmonton. What a surprise.

Screenshot_20240406-174415_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sorry for reposting. I deleted my previous one. I just thought it was interesting to hear Premier Smith advocating for carbon pricing back in 2021.

If the was an award for political opportunist of the year .... she may win it. On a related note, the very same week she was complaining about affordability of the carbon tax (which has rebates to everyone), she was increasing the PST on fuel (which has no rebates to most people) by even more.

The provincial election can't come soon enough.
So, recently Premier Smith said she was "standing by to help" Edmonton. Right after that the Mayor sent her a specific and detailed list of things she could do to help.

Haven't heard anything from Smith since ...

So, recently Premier Smith said she was "standing by to help" Edmonton. Right after that the Mayor sent her a specific and detailed list of things she could do to help.

Haven't heard anything from Smith since ...
Smith, "Oh you didn't actually think I meant it when I said I could help. That's sssoo cute how you thought that!"

God the amount of absolute brain dead morons commenting on Twitter about this under his Twitter post make me question why I'm in this province in the first place.

It is an Edmonton issue, so some of the petty, mean spirited people (and they tend to support one particular party) who live outside of Edmonton either don't care or somehow thing it may mean more for them.

I don't think that kind of thinking is very good and may be short sighted. Some day they will may Edmonton's support on something and by treating the city like crap they may find out lack of generosity can be a two way street.

Well there is going to be another election in a few years. I have a feeling she is headed in the direction of Kenney, first alienating mostly those that didn't support her and eventually disappointing everyone.

Back