News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Alberta Politics

1696433447987.png

Now, now... we did get more shelter beds and what looks like enough on-going policy decisions to ensure they stay over capacity.
.. and some of them are temporary, because of course homelessness in Edmonton is a temporary problem. I suppose we are expected to be grateful to a provincial government that does as little as possible and as grudgingly as possible.

Mean spirited and petty are a couple of terms that come to mind about the current people in power.

Power rates have already recently doubled in Alberta due to the UCP's failed regulation of them. I suppose Smith and crew now want to try shift the blame or create a distraction.

Sadly, some of her supporters are gullible enough to fall for it.

I think it’s also being intimidated into voting for the UCP. There’s a lot of pressure to conform.

Power rates have already recently doubled in Alberta due to the UCP's failed regulation of them. I suppose Smith and crew now want to try shift the blame or create a distraction.

Sadly, some of her supporters are gullible enough to fall for it.
doubled??? one might actually be happy with that.

the floating rro rate per gj last month for august was 32.58. three years ago the floating rate for electricity was 4.87.

that’s a 7 fold increase!

The recent time frame I was thinking of was a few months. I don't know how much it increased over a longer period, but would not be surprised if the increase was considerably more as indicated.

We can come up with different figures for different time frames, but I think more important point is the UCP approach has been a failure, both over the shorter term and a bit longer time frame.

Back