News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

Alberta Politics

Lethbridge

He's not ruling it out but I am doubting it. He even said he doesn't know Lethbridge well and feels they deserve a good rep who not only knows the area, but spends a decent amount of time there.

He noted Smith has abandoned her riding using a line a constituent from there told him (from the movie Mean Girls) - "she doesn't even go here."

He's not ruling it out but I am doubting it. He even said he doesn't know Lethbridge well and feels they deserve a good rep who not only knows the area, but spends a decent amount of time there.

He noted Smith has abandoned her riding using a line a constituent from there told him (from the movie Mean Girls) - "she doesn't even go here."
I agree completely. Lethbridge would be better served by someone who has a good understanding of the local community.

Sometimes candidates run in areas they do not live in or close to because there are no other good choices, but I feel the better option generally is to run in a place you are more familiar with.

There were a number of safer ridings closer to home for Smith. She either was not able to get any of the other Calgary area MLA's to step aside for her, or she did not want to have two Calgary by elections around the same time, which might have highlighted her weakness more. So it could have been a poor decision based on public relations.

Back