News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Alberta Politics

^^^^ Oh? I was thinking that my nose was the centre of my head and my belly-button was the centre of my body and yet they are both on the same corporal structure.

^^^^ Oh? I was thinking that my nose was the centre of my head and my belly-button was the centre of my body and yet they are both on the same corporal structure.
I’m just guessing but I would wager a bet you only have one belly button

Last edited:
Wrong -- there are elements of the eyes (touch sensitive axons) that connect to the central nervous system -- the optical nerve, however, connects to a different part of the brain.

Wrong -- there are elements of the eyes (touch sensitive axons) that connect to the central nervous system -- the optical nerve, however, connects to a different part of the brain.
And yet, it's all controlled in a central unit: the brain.

Oh, really! then i guess you have a lot of public educating to do... (might I recommend that you start with yourself first -- here are some aids)
Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 7.16.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-11 at 7.16.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-11 at 7.13.32 AM.png

^

that's quite a stretch archited...

my guess is that you know fully well calgary and edmonton and red deer are the population centres of their respective regions in alberta.

they are population centres in alberta, not of alberta.

have two economic centers in the province that compete nation
This, Ken, is the concept that I was defending that @CaptainBL mentioned a few posts back. It certainly is possible two have two economic centres in the Province (one centred on Edmonton the other centred on Calgary) just as it is possible to have more than one population centre IN Alberta. I am not the one distorting the notion of the meaning of centres vs centre. Of course the centre OF Alberta is different. We are on the same page here so there is no disagreement. @Glenco and @ChazYEG, in agreement, seem to think that it is impossible to have two economic centres IN the Province.

Last edited:
This, Ken, is the concept that I was defending that @CaptainBL mentioned a few posts back. It certainly is possible two have two economic centres in the Province (one centred on Edmonton the other centred on Calgary) just as it is possible to have more than one population centre IN Alberta. I am not the one distorting the notion of the meaning of centres vs centre. Of course the centre OF Alberta is different. We are on the same page here so there is no disagreement. @Glenco and @ChazYEG, in agreement, seem to think that it is impossible to have two economic centres IN the Province.
You can have more than one economic POLE in the province, but if you have two, neither is a centre.

You can have more than one economic POLE in the province, but if you have two, neither is a centre.
i think you may be trying to move the goal posts a bit in changing the discussion from "centres" to "poles".

having said that, if we are to allow that are you then also now saying that the province of alberta, because it has poles, has no centre at all?

which is different than your insisting above that the province of alberta can have only one centre. so, assuming "only one centre" excludes zero as well as anything greater than one, i would be interested in what you think is "the centre of alberta".

Last edited:
I guess that means that Alberta contains no economic centres, only population centres, medical centres, entertainment centres, etc... everything but economic centres.

Back