The Parks | 146.91m | 45s | 35s | 13s | Pangman | Hariri Pontarini

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Look at the third last pic. You see windows being installed where phase 2 is supposed to be. There are balconies where there should not be any balconies.
You have totally misread the design concept and there is nothing there to suggest that the connecting 12-storey tower has been replaced by windows and balconies.

Look at the third last pic. You see windows being installed where phase 2 is supposed to be. There are balconies where there should not be any balconies.
I don’t see too many inconsistencies. The lane between the buildings will be bridged allowing for the windows on the first two floors and hardly any windows facing south on the next 8 or 10 floors above. I think you are reading too much into it.

Maybe. Also possible the interface between the two buildings has changed since the render was produced? I think the balconies are roughly correct. The glazing could be there to seal the envelope until the next phase? We shall see in time I guess.

To my untrained eye it looks like the "link building" is meant to interface in the red box I highlighted here. And that the windows in the purple box are meant to be easily removed to create a seamless indoor space. Their posts also say "These renderings are for illustrative purposes only. Final design may vary."

Parks.jpg

To my untrained eye it looks like the "link building" is meant to interface in the red box I highlighted here. And that the windows in the purple box are meant to be easily removed to create a seamless indoor space. Their posts also say "These renderings are for illustrative purposes only. Final design may vary."

View attachment 560327
That's how I see it as well, with the exact connection between the two not finalized in the rendering, likely.

Point #1 The Connector piece is meant to be a somewhat narrow glazed-in corridor not a full building butting up against the existing in the portion that has no windows (outlined in Red above) but will have a structural corridor hence the attachment points shown at structural slabs in the photo; Point #2 the glazed portion (purple outline) faces onto a 2-storey-plus breezeway that connects Capital Boulevard to the proposed Warehouse Park so I believe that those windows will stay in the final result (the ground floor windows might be traded out for door openings pending Retail tenant fit-up). If anything what has been shown so far confirms a future 12-storey building (probably beginning sooner than later) rather than the opposite.

I am glad to be proven wrong, the architect that designed this did a good job at partitioning the building into phases. If the developer decides not to build the second tower the existing one already acts as a stand alone building. Much better than seeing a blank wall.

More evidence...
Screen Shot 2024-04-30 at 3.42.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-30 at 3.45.35 PM.png

An Architect who is clearly concerned about the design relationship to the street and on Jasper Avenue wants to incorporate LRT access into the building design for developer advantages (direct weather protected access to HUB @ UofA) and a refurbished sidewalk-expanded area along Jasper. Edmonton could certainly use more Architects with this kind of sensibility.

Last edited:

Back