News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

Agreed, certainly not perfect but very navigable and user friendly in many respects. New-ish parking solution has had a few hiccups from what I've heard (although not sure if worse than previous). Lots of little tweaks to look forward to going forward.

YEG isn't perfect, but having visited many, many airports, I would say it is one of the better ones. Generally a very pleasant experience in my opinion.
Agreed. It's overall a good airport. It doesn't have spectacular amenities or awe-inspiring architecture but, as you'd expect from most things in Edmonton, it's functional and competent in doing what it's supposed to do.
I'd love to see it get a good renovation, especially in the check-in/baggage drop and arrivals areas, as they're very outdated. Wouldn't hurt to have a few more restaurant/bar/cafe options on the outside of the boarding gates for people who get early to the airport, for one reason or another.

Agreed. It's overall a good airport. It doesn't have spectacular amenities or awe-inspiring architecture but, as you'd expect from most things in Edmonton, it's functional and competent in doing what it's supposed to do.
I'd love to see it get a good renovation, especially in the check-in/baggage drop and arrivals areas, as they're very outdated. Wouldn't hurt to have a few more restaurant/bar/cafe options on the outside of the boarding gates for people who get early to the airport, for one reason or another.
Most recently I've been in airports in Calgary, Toronto, London and Paris, and Edmonton had a far better passenger experience. As you say, it may not be awe-inspiring, but YEG has simple things that many airports lack -- sufficient seating near gates, variety of food options, nice bathrooms, quick luggage delivery. It does the basics really well.

Much like Calgary Trail vs. Gateway Blvd, we seem to put more effort into making the departure look better than the arrival. We are really not as concerned about appearances as some places.

However, I would agree the airport is generally fairly functional, there are a number of larger places which you think would be better but really are not.

Capture.PNG

AC from MSP?

One simple but major improvement would be to have cell phone charging stations. One of the best ones I've seen was at the Incheon airport. It had enough ports to easily have a dozen phones all charging at once.

Back