News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Skyline

Still Apples vs Oranges. All three of those cities are much older than Edmonton and have historic cores that haven't budged much in terms of locale over the last century.

Last edited:
Still Apples vs Oranges. All three of those cities are much older than Edmonton and have historic ores that haven't budged much in terms of locale over the last century.
And I'd still wages that Edmonton is denser than all three of them.

Edmonton proper has almost 3x Ottawa proper's population density (and the Metro regions are very close in density), while both downtowns are both at around the same density of just over 6000/km2 (with Edmonton sporting a significantly higher number of office towers, for that matter). Garneau and Oliver both cook at around 12000/km2, while Ottawa only has one neighbourhood with similar numbers (and about the same population of Oliver/Grandin) in Centretown.

I haven't been back to Ottawa since I lived there many moons ago. One of the elements impeding core density there was the fact that no tower could eclipse the Parliament Buildings in Height -- I don't know if that is still the case now that Gatineau is beginning to sprout towers of substantial height directly across the Ottawa River.

Fnr6LVEWQAIVdWJ

Fnr6MimWIAECR3H

When you step away, the lustre is lacking and could be vasty improved with a few more towers.
istockphoto-164510786-612x612.jpg

Back