Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

I walked the platform at the Doon. These stops feel very safe and open compared to the Capital & Metro stations with the exception of Stadium, and likely the 2 Blatchford stops.

I was talking to a girl I know that refuses to take the underground outside of peak hours because of poor sightlines, etc. The Valley Line, for all it's criticisms, is very accessible and safe feeling. That has to be a big thing in attracting future ridership to the entire system.
I’d also add that having cell service across the entire alignment is great for safety. I still don’t understand how the capital line doesn’t have cell service in any underground stations .

Excellent points about the visibility and open feeling on the new tram line.
I'm really liking the Churchill connection and hope the city has the fortitude to keep it and the new line properly protected and welcoming.
The cell service is a plus, rather embarrassing about the current state of affairs...
Hoping the decision to go with low floor/lower capacity trams isn't a mistake, and that new cars arrive to help soon.
Here's hoping all goes well, rather surprised I'm around to see it up and running 👍👍👍

Doubt this would ever happen, cause Edmonton. But I feel like a high frequency Macewan loop from the current terminus to 109st/104ave area would be nice. Tons of employees and students need to get there. And a 15+ minute walk in the winter won’t do it for most. Get 3 buses or whatever is needed to match train frequency and just do a circular connector route for the school to LRT.
1A754A5A-BEF2-499C-ADCA-C58B03EE8A3C.png

Excellent points about the visibility and open feeling on the new tram line.
I'm really liking the Churchill connection and hope the city has the fortitude to keep it and the new line properly protected and welcoming.
The cell service is a plus, rather embarrassing about the current state of affairs...
Hoping the decision to go with low floor/lower capacity trams isn't a mistake, and that new cars arrive to help soon.
Here's hoping all goes well, rather surprised I'm around to see it up and running 👍👍👍
Bad news so far on this front. I was checking out the connector on Thursday. The peace officers were set up underground in some sort of information booth. I walked to the connector and took the stairs up to find a few people passed out and a couple other unsavoury folks lingering around. I worry for the actual cold days of winter to come, when we can’t even have people move along on a near zero degree day.

Bad news so far on this front. I was checking out the connector on Thursday. The peace officers were set up underground in some sort of information booth. I walked to the connector and took the stairs up to find a few people passed out and a couple other unsavoury folks lingering around. I worry for the actual cold days of winter to come, when we can’t even have people move along on a near zero degree day.
So much for their improved safety bs.

Doubt this would ever happen, cause Edmonton. But I feel like a high frequency Macewan loop from the current terminus to 109st/104ave area would be nice. Tons of employees and students need to get there. And a 15+ minute walk in the winter won’t do it for most. Get 3 buses or whatever is needed to match train frequency and just do a circular connector route for the school to LRT. View attachment 516299
The Valley Line West will help.

I think the 401 or 411 (Sherwood Park) takes a loop from 100 Street to 103 Avenue west to 107 Street, north to 104 Avenue, and back east to 104 Avenue to 100 Street south, continuing to Sherwood Park. Not sure if it saves any time though.

Back