The Clancey | 103.02m | 28s | Wexford Developments | DIALOG

What do you think of this development?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If the university is looking at expansion, now would be a great time to explore business and law campuss to downton. The question is, should it be a tower or tradition build forms? A multi-use tower101st-104ave s/e would be a great location for law, business, and student housing. This could spur multi-use (including family housing, rentals, and senior over to north of Roger's...

If incentives are planned, let's give it pertinent rumination to capture all markets' potentials.

If the university is looking at expansion, now would be a great time to explore business and law campuss to downton. The question is, should it be a tower or tradition build forms? A multi-use tower101st-104ave s/e would be a great location for law, business, and student housing. This could spur multi-use (including family housing, rentals, and senior over to north of Roger's...

If incentives are planned, let's give it pertinent rumination to capture all markets' potentials.
I'd honestly prefer a more traditional built form, and I dare say it would actually be interesting to see them built in separate locations, mostly south of Jasper, or on the far east of DT.

OR

Build them both in the Quarters, with student housing all around, close to the LRT stations. Could be the push the area needs to start gaining momentum.

That works too, but the location I suggested is next to the courthouse and at the heart of commerce. It will also be one step closer o completion to that important corner..
Don't disagree, I just believe that area has a potential to develop by itself, especially if more momentum is created elsewhere downtown, whereas these two areas I mentioned Will hardly see any substantial development happen until the free financial core is absolutely saturated.

Capture.PNG

Bye bye Clancey.....along with everyone else, too bad.....Westrich - are you around?

Last edited:
Extremely disappointing but Wexford appeared to try hard to get this one to work.

what other projects do they have in the pipeline? hopefully the money from this will push something else forward.
Nothing else in Edmonton, but I've seen them working on projects on the Island, Kelowna, Calgary and I think even down in Arizona. But iirc one of Wexford's first development was Raymond Block here in Edmonton, and the cofounder used to live in Edmonton and went to the U of A, so they have roots here. Hopefully we something from them again in the future.

Back