News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

Agreed. Airports don't have the same peaks as commuter service and are more likely to generate more consistent traffic through the day than other routes. I wonder what the cost of making the route 30 minutes all day would be and whether there are discussions between the city and airport to make it happen

Hey travel experts. Has anyone else got a flight booked with westjet coming up? I booked through delta to go to New York, but the flights are run by westjet. My flights are May 23-28. So if westjet strikes on the 16th, would delta be responsible for helping to get me to my destination, since I booked through them? Would they potentially pay to put us on another airline to get us to New York if necessary? If westjet strikes, on the 16th, what would you guys do if you were me? Any help would be appreciated

Or, as planned, do a 30-30 with one bus to Century Park and then the next to Downtown or both!
I used to take the Sky Shuttle when it was functional (not sure if it is still around or not, but last time I checked it was such a pain to book), I believe a good idea would be for a bus to have a couple stops say at a hotel near Calgary Trail, Whyte Ave and then downtown.

Btw it looks like Regina might be ahead of us. I wonder if this might finally snap us from our inertia.

I used to take the Sky Shuttle when it was functional (not sure if it is still around or not, but last time I checked it was such a pain to book), I believe a good idea would be for a bus to have a couple stops say at a hotel near Calgary Trail, Whyte Ave and then downtown.

Btw it looks like Regina might be ahead of us. I wonder if this might finally snap us from our inertia.

SkyShuttle is currently suspended, which was disappointing when we took our most recent overseas trip in March. Fortunately we were able to get friends to drive us. Given the relaxation of COVID rules globally, I'm not sure why the local service hasn't been revived.

Interesting that the Regina Airport is contributing more than a quarter of the cost for this service to operate over the next 3 years.

Given the amount of times I fly out of YEG and pay that airport improvement fee, I would love to see some of that money go towards better transportation service to and from the airport and downtown. I'm not a fan of the combo bus/lrt option versus one mode directly linking the the airport and downtown.

Last edited:
Personally, I would prefer more frequent service to a single destination rather than 1 infrequent bus to Century Park and 1 infrequent bus to downtown, but whatever gets more service out there gets my vote

A330-200 or A330 Neo?

---
Edmonton International Airport (YEG)
Author
13,877 followers
6m
Condor will be flying B-767s on this route, every Tuesday and Friday between May 26 and September 1 for this season, and there are plans for something new in the 2024 season – an aircraft we don’t often see here at YEG! We can’t wait to see all the great photos that come out of the spotting community!

Hey travel experts. Has anyone else got a flight booked with westjet coming up? I booked through delta to go to New York, but the flights are run by westjet. My flights are May 23-28. So if westjet strikes on the 16th, would delta be responsible for helping to get me to my destination, since I booked through them? Would they potentially pay to put us on another airline to get us to New York if necessary? If westjet strikes, on the 16th, what would you guys do if you were me? Any help would be appreciated
I hope you are looking at Delta prices to compare.

Interesting that the Regina Airport is contributing more than a quarter of the cost for this service to operate over the next 3 years.

Given the amount of times I fly out of YEG and pay that airport improvement fee, I would love to see some of that money go towards better transportation service to and from the airport and downtown. I'm not a fan of the combo bus/lrt option versus one mode directly linking the the airport and downtown.
I have done a bus/LRT/747 combo a couple of times, but once in rush hour with luggage on the LRT was a bit dicey. It is not impossible, but I would not be eager to repeat that.

So maybe that is where to start, at least have a bus downtown when the regular bus system and LRT is quite busy.

Another nice thing about the dedicated bus option is there is room to put luggage, so other bus or LRT riders are not tripping over it. When I went to Montreal, it was great to take their version of 747 all the way downtown.

I feel we are always trying to do it on the cheap and yet again neglect our downtown (two shortcomings here for the price of one I suppose). If Regina can figure it out, surely we can too.

There was supposed to be a direct downtown-YEG bus that was announced last year but I haven't heard anything since.

Back