Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Rather simple.
- who selected the contractor?
-Based on what information?
-Information provided by what group?
-where did this group obtain this information?
-how much other/differing information was available?
-how did this group come to select which information to select, and why?

Would love to see an inquiry into our issues, wouldn't you?

There 100% needs to be an inquiry if nothing more than to try and assure that the public that the line is safe, issues with signalling and other infrastructure isn't going to happen again and there will be processes in place to prevent it for future construction.

I honestly believe that the Metro Line signalling fiasco and the Valley Line East delays is eroding public support for future transit plans. It might not be at a head now, but Metro Line expansion north of the yellowhead is going to be very contentious once it gets going.

Well that will depend too how Marigold performs building the west line. As well how the south expansion fairs. If both contractors keep a decent track record than the public perception will be improved when north gets expanded.
Bold prediction: they cut the ribbon for the southeast line and then turn and cut the ribbon for the west line at the same time. 🙃

Rather simple.
- who selected the contractor?
-Based on what information?
-Information provided by what group?
-where did this group obtain this information?
-how much other/differing information was available?
-how did this group come to select which information to select, and why?

Would love to see an inquiry into our issues, wouldn't you?
Agreed. Looks like AECOM was retained by the City for a lot of that work.

“As the Owner’s Engineer, AECOM built and led the team that developed all reference design and procurement documents necessary to build a 13km Light Rail Transit system via a public- private- partnership contract.”

It's been a few weeks since I have travelled the VLSE LRT end to end, or close to it anyways.

Greeted at 31 Ave with a face full of diesel exhaust from a generator WPE was using for yet more underground cable work by the looks of it. WPE has been set up from at least 38 Ave to 28 Ave at various locations with tents during the cold weather doing what if it is they are doing with cables and what not in the duct banks.

North of 51 Ave grounding cables are installed. Previously trains had been testing trough here to the south end of the elevated section. WPE truck and tent in the RoW. No LRV's noted south of the Whitemud.
Seemed like maybe extra grounding cables at the north of the elevated section, plus more in Strathern and at Bonnie Doon. I suspect no power from east of the Strathern stop to the north end of the elevated section. Platform line truck and 2 manlifts within the Row at Bonnie Doon. Took at walk but couldn't clearly see what the problems were that is causing this work on the catenary.

LRV's did seem to be testing from Strathern to Muttart, and then Downtown. Sadly today, that means we had 2 segments that could support LRV testing and then essentially from the Strathern stop through to Mill Woods there was something or other going on that prevented testing.

More PR: http://transedlrt.ca/updates/follow-the-latest-updates-on-the-valley-line-southeast/

1670627359045.png

Transed now saying pier repair progress is 85% complete as of December 8th. It was 75% on the 1st so if they aren’t pulling these numbers out of their behinds they should be done repairs before the end of the month. Every cell in my body doubts that’ll be the case, but I’m wondering what comes after the repairs are finished? Is anyone familiar with the quality assurance process required before they’re put into service and how long that might take?

Was out for a ride yesterday, and noticed the piers for the river crossing are also being done. I thought those were not affected but I guess I was wrong.

Back