Connect Centre | 56.3m | 16s | ONE Properties | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
You are the one who started providing anecdotal accounts of it being safe to walk around downtown, so I provided an anecdotal example of that not necessarily being accurate. Of course there is risk no matter where you go of violence occurring if alcohol is involved, that goes without saying. However, with the high number of homeless people downtown with significant substance abuse and mental health problems, I think the risk is more significant than your average community. One just has to walk around downtown during the day, let alone at night, and see the number of homeless people yelling at themselves or other people because they are either in a drug induced psychosis or have severe mental health problems, or both. Those are not the people I want to encounter at night by myself. If you are comfortable doing so have at it, but to suggest people are overreacting with their concern is nonsense.
Well it seems to be a draw then. To some degree it is nonsense. Some people are just easily frightened or buy into hysteria particularly when the anecdotes fit their preconceptions or stereotypes.

I lived two blocks from Whyte Ave, when a very well publicized murder occurred there years ago. I didn't move because of and interestingly, people didn't seem to avoid the area after at all.

I am still alive and so are the other people who didn't avoid the area because of one terrible random thing. Yes, there sketchy people downtown, but unless you get right in their face or try to antagonize them you will probably be fine.

But, live in fear if you want.

Reactions: God
The construction crew was hard at work yesterday on the big pit on 103 Ave. I asked one of the guys when they were going to be done and he said the were “hoping” for mid October. Here’s hoping they hit that.
In other news a crew was applying vinyl window covering to the second floor over the Oilers store. Just the second floor, nothing on the main floor windows.
BD2BF1CD-DB52-4032-BB18-8B471A24E6A8.jpeg
DB1D1D8F-4FA5-46C8-BE9B-E62F5E755891.jpeg

As per their instagram, the Brewhouse will be opening October 15th.

Curious to see how their draw is outside of game days. I heard that Home and Away in the old Mercer spot has been struggling much of the week, but here's hoping with events, Oilers, concerts and students back things will change.

Curious to see how their draw is outside of game days. I heard that Home and Away in the old Mercer spot has been struggling much of the week, but here's hoping with events, Oilers, concerts and students back things will change.
Went to Home & Away a couple weeks ago, on a Saturday night. Group of 7 of us, and between 7 & 9PM there were maybe 2 or 3 other tables in there that had people at them. Very surprising, since there was a decent amount of people out that night, and it's a good spot.

Went to Home & Away a couple weeks ago, on a Saturday night. Group of 7 of us, and between 7 & 9PM there were maybe 2 or 3 other tables in there that had people at them. Very surprising, since there was a decent amount of people out that night, and it's a good spot.
This will be an unpopular opinion to many, but parking. On non-event nights, if you park west, you may as well go to Campio. If you park south, you're walking past a dozen establishments that are enticing before you get here. Parking east is a pain and you'll end up on Rice Howard with good options there. If you park north... well, nobody parks north of 104 ave unless they're going to Rogers.

Back