Blatchford Development | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

That's quite the stretch to be calling this downtown haha. Does anyone know what lot this is, I thought the condos along "Alpha Blvd" were supposed to include commercial.

Edit: Site plan says its along Alpha Blvd and Cedric Mah Rd, which is the newer road north of Yorke Mews.

68778c2c-a0ce-4da3-98a6-bf025ad15f11.png

Lots of additional info in the Dropbox folder linked - 6 stories planned for plot M on the land sales map.
Built by Crimson Cove homes who are also the builder on the two row housing plots next to it (V and W).
Pricing from $360k for 1bed 603sqft to $550k for 2bed 998 sqft.

Exciting to see something larger going in!

1652986724148.png

1652986685058.png

Nothing about that marketing material makes me think they're targeting locals, more like marketing to wannabe landlords from the GTA. Not that it makes the prices more palatable but probably explains their optimism.

Nothing about that marketing material makes me think they're targeting locals, more like marketing to wannabe landlords from the GTA. Not that it makes the prices more palatable but probably explains their optimism.
That would explain why they're being advertised as "cash flow positive from day one". Also, the builder must be planning to break ground this summer, since they're promising a 2023 move-in date.

That would explain why they're being advertised as "cash flow positive from day one". Also, the builder must be planning to break ground this summer, since they're promising a 2023 move-in date.
... that would explain it. However, perhaps the potential GTA landlords don't fully realize rents in Edmonton are not quite the same as there. Maybe they may have to figure that part out for themselves later.

It does make sense with interest rates rising and property values in the GTA getting shaky, people will money (from sale of property there) will look to more affordable markets such as here.

Back