Blatchford Development | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Obviously part of a larger/comprehensive plan but with finite resources it is always interesting to see what we choose and when.

Don't get me wrong, this is an important FUTURE link and the NW LRT is something I very much support, but a lot of reflection on our choices as a city of late.

...and now here comes the change of mind (again). I think it is that he doesn't like criticism, mama -- skin so thin that he is almost transparent.

Reactions: God
Not a change of mind but rather being aware of the larger picture here for an unfunded extension, but asking real questions about our sequencing and priorities.

But you do you.

Reactions: God
This is for the Common Ground development.
Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 392660265-002
Description:To construct 25 Dwelling Multi-unit Housing
Plan 1822441 Blk 4 Lot 2
Applicant:GEC ARCHITECTURE
Create Date:2021/04/19
Neighbourhood:BLATCHFORD AREA
Issue Date:2021/12/20
Class Of Permit:Class B
Notification Start Date:2021/12/30
Notification End Date:2022/01/20

Last edited:
Map of land sales as of November. All but three plots are sold or pending (including the mixed use plot G). For those of you that are more familiar with the development process, how long should we expect until some of the "pending" plots start turning to "sold"?
1643161597786.png

"Pending" typically means that an offer has been received and the sale is in escrow. In my experience about 10% to 15% fall out of escrow and go back on the market (buyer can't get his financing in place, etc.). The rest should clear escrow in 60 - 90 days from the time of the seller accepting the offer.

"Pending" typically means that an offer has been received and the sale is in escrow. In my experience about 10% to 15% fall out of escrow and go back on the market (buyer can't get his financing in place, etc.). The rest should clear escrow in 60 - 90 days from the time of the seller accepting the offer.
Well shoot, that gives me some hope. If ten of those pending plots are sold by spring and start construction, I think the neighborhood will start to reach critical mass. I really want this neighborhood to work out. It seems like a great place to eventually settle down when it's built out, but in the short term the rising rate environment has me worried given the high price point. At the moment, the target demographic seems to be couples that are well to do, urbanist and environmentalists. I hope we have enough of those in the city.

Just for context, the mixed-use plot has been marked as pending for a while now. Possibly around a year or so?

@CplKlinger I imagine that means there are a number of offers on condos within but that does not account for all units -- some may have sold and some may still be for sale.
The map in the post I linked is from the city, and it describes the plots of land themselves. Seeing what happened with the two denser buildings going through the pipeline right now, my guess is that the mixed-use plot will be marked as sold once Mutti is ready to submit a DP for it. Perhaps they'll focus on it once their townhouses are done?

Back