The Parks | 146.91m | 45s | 35s | 13s | Pangman | Hariri Pontarini

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yes, it is a good project in so many ways. It is taking a location with several run down one to three storey buildings, an empty lot and filling it. It is right on Jasper Ave next to LRT and in the process fixing that entrance to the LRT which has very narrow stairs because of the existing building in front of it.
Is there going to be additional entrance to the LRT built on this site, on the north side of jasper ave? As of now theres only one on the other (south) side of jasper ave, right?

The original plan was to remove the one on the north side of Jasper and integrate it into the new building somewhat akin to the Cambridge Lofts Central station entrance. The entrance from the south side is on the SWC of Jasper/108st.

I really like that idea - I wish we had more well-done public/private interface with LRT. Even the new WEM LRT station isn’t actually physically connected to the mall.
Yeah, what is it with that? We are a winter city and have pedways all over downtown, but heaven forbid a street level LRT should connect actually connect to a building.

The one at Southgate seems particularly strange, you go into the LRT station right there then you have to go outside again to go to the mall.

Yeah, what is it with that? We are a winter city and have pedways all over downtown, but heaven forbid a street level LRT should connect actually connect to a building.

The one at Southgate seems particularly strange, you go into the LRT station right there then you have to go outside again to go to the mall.
From what I recall, I believe Ivanhoe Cambridge wasn't interested in a pedway connection to the mall when the South LRT was being designed (similar situation to the Metro Line and Kingsway Mall).

I really like that idea - I wish we had more well-done public/private interface with LRT. Even the new WEM LRT station isn’t actually physically connected to the mall.

From what I recall, I believe Ivanhoe Cambridge wasn't interested in a pedway connection to the mall when the South LRT was being designed (similar situation to the Metro Line and Kingsway Mall).

Yeah, why isn't there more integration with things like malls and buildings?? I never understood that, like why wouldn't a property manager/developer want to take advantage of a rapid transit line and link their property directly to it? So weird. Maybe WEM will finally get the message and build an enclosed walkway or even a SINGLE DEDICATED PATH from the TC to the mall FOR GODS SA-

Because the prevailing thought process in Edmonton is short-term cost-cutting rather than long-term value-adding.
Bizarre claim. Over the years and centuries, Edmontonians have had surprisingly strong foresight, from the pioneering breakthroughs in research, to successfully positioning as a trade, government, academic and cultural capital. First at LRT for example.

Yeah, why isn't there more integration with things like malls and buildings?? I never understood that, like why wouldn't a property manager/developer want to take advantage of a rapid transit line and link their property directly to it? So weird. Maybe WEM will finally get the message and build an enclosed walkway or even a SINGLE DEDICATED PATH from the TC to the mall FOR GODS SA-
It was a function of past levels of density in the City. You'll see a lot more integration going forward as the city quickly reaches 2 million population and land starts to get more and more scarce. People start to value more integrated options and having things closer together.

It was a function of past levels of density in the City. You'll see a lot more integration going forward as the city quickly reaches 2 million population and land starts to get more and more scarce. People start to value more integrated options and having things closer together.
I hope you're right, but IMO the lack of integration is more of a now thing rather than before. Capital Line LRT was plumbed in well with the downtown pedway system, the U of A, and Southgate. The Metro Line failed to integrate well with Kingsway, MacEwan, and Rogers Place. Hell, they struggled hard to integrate the existing signal system with the new one.

I sure hope the Valley Line is tied in a helluva lot better.

I hope you're right, but IMO the lack of integration is more of a now thing rather than before. Capital Line LRT was plumbed in well with the downtown pedway system, the U of A, and Southgate. The Metro Line failed to integrate well with Kingsway, MacEwan, and Rogers Place. Hell, they struggled hard to integrate the existing signal system with the new one.

I sure hope the Valley Line is tied in a helluva lot better.
I hope so too. The small town minded approach particularly of mall owners who are large national or international organizations is surprising, if that is where the problem lies.

Bizarre claim. Over the years and centuries, Edmontonians have had surprisingly strong foresight, from the pioneering breakthroughs in research, to successfully positioning as a trade, government, academic and cultural capital. First at LRT for example.
First at LRT + Underground downtown/uni section, which gives us SO MANy OPTIONS for the future

Back