The Jameson | 53.95m | 17s | Open Sky | Acton Ostry

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I hope EPS and other agencies/service providers work on some of the safety issues in Oliver, especially in the evening for its female residents. It seems as though perceived safety for women walking alone has really declined and given that they are the largest demographic in the area this is a very real issue.

Oliver CL Safewalk?

Neither me or my GF feel unsafe while walking around Oliver (solo or together). She doesn't feel safe at all closer to CBD where the highest concentration of vagrancy takes place though. Heck, after some recent encounters in the CBD, I don't even feel safe walking down there anymore either.

Last edited:
It's becoming an issue in Oliver as well from what I am hearing from friends, community groups and others in the area.

It's an issue here too, I'm just saying anecdotally from our experience it's not that bad here... yet.

Any strategy implemented to address this needs to include both Oliver, Downtown & Old Strathcona for that matter so we don't just shift the problem around

For another largely worthless anecdote, my girl and I have never felt unsafe in Oliver after dark this summer either actually. Downtown is a whole different story. This past weekend we were enjoying a casual drink at Sherlocks on RHW. I got us an Uber from there to the Save-On-Foods parking lot on 109th, where we scootered home, because she feels terrified walking downtown late at night (and honestly, so do I).

EDIT: not to invalidate anyone's feelings about walking home late at night, everyone experiences thing differently.

0FCF4E06-D9F4-4881-AE14-C0F43D89B739.jpeg
Antici something are we?

Back