News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton Breweries & Brewpubs

Not in Edmonton proper, but there are a couple good breweries in Spruce Grove. One is Talking Dog Brewing and the other is more recent I believe, RavenWolf Brewing. Anyone had a chance to try any of their beers?

Permit Type
Major Development Permit
Permit Class
Class B
Permit Date
Jul 28, 2021
Status
Approved
Description of Development
To change the use from General Industrial to a Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries with 77.11 sq.m. Public Space including indoor and outdoor sitting area and to construct exterior and interior alterations (41.34m2 Mezzanine addition - Ale Architect)
Address
9918 - 76 AVENUE NW

Not in Edmonton proper, but there are a couple good breweries in Spruce Grove. One is Talking Dog Brewing and the other is more recent I believe, RavenWolf Brewing. Anyone had a chance to try any of their beers?
Tried to get into the dog but showed up just as they were closing. Will try again. Have a epic bike ride (100-160km)on Sunday and may need to top up the fluid levels on the way back in. So that may be the first stop.

Permit Type
Major Development Permit
Permit Class
Class B
Permit Date
Jul 28, 2021
Status
Approved
Description of Development
To change the use from General Industrial to a Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries with 77.11 sq.m. Public Space including indoor and outdoor sitting area and to construct exterior and interior alterations (41.34m2 Mezzanine addition - Ale Architect)
Address
9918 - 76 AVENUE NW
Wasn't Sea Change opening something in that area. I though I read some where that they were moving into that area.

St Albert now has 4 distilleries along with Endeavor Brewing. Black Diamond, District, MD, and DaVinci & T-Rex distillery( Part of the gelato company)

Since it is such a short stumble, Ive spent a lot of time at the Growlery this summer. They've started having different food trucks on week nights, as well as taking over part of the parking lot for an extended patio. They've also been releasing a lot of experimental beers, a few of which I hope become more permanent fixtures. Definitely worth giving them a second chance, especially if you visited when they were just getting going as I felt their offerings at opening were on the weaker side.

Since it is such a short stumble, Ive spent a lot of time at the Growlery this summer. They've started having different food trucks on week nights, as well as taking over part of the parking lot for an extended patio. They've also been releasing a lot of experimental beers, a few of which I hope become more permanent fixtures. Definitely worth giving them a second chance, especially if you visited when they were just getting going as I felt their offerings at opening were on the weaker side.
Was by Sat afternoon, and still like this beer. Yes more people need to get there. One of the staff has said they are getting a few regulars from the new housing.

While not an Edmonton brewery, I stopped here for a couple 4 packs on my way home to Edmonton from Jasper. On the south side of the highway just east of the park gates. I had never noticed this before. Not sure when it opened. Nice little dining room as well.
3122AFB4-CCF6-4BC9-989D-64048F93F44D.jpeg
A07FE9C6-4696-4573-80A3-2E3BAA118F35.jpeg

Edmonton's Happy Beer Street continues to brew as new taprooms open in the area​

New taprooms are being added to Edmonton's unofficial brewery district along 99th Street, and brewers are hoping more continue to open to help boost beer tourism.

The area is being referred to as Happy Beer Street by craft brewers, between Whyte Avenue and 60th Avenue along 99th Street.

Seven craft breweries are located in the area including Sea Change Brewing, Bent Stick Brewing, Blind Enthusiasm, The Monolith, Longroof Brewing, Omen Brewing and Alley Kat Brewing.

The Monolith, which is run by Blind Enthusiasm, opened its unique taproom along 78th Avenue last month, offering mixed-fermentation beers that take a few years to brew.

Took advantage of the nice weather to check out Irrational brewing, and for being so new, they are absolutely killing it. Not a bad beer among the many sampled. They also seem to have partnered with Three Vikings on food, as well as allowing any other outside food. Beljan also knocked it out of the park with Substation 600, the whole development looks very well done.

Took a short walk over to Arcadia, which was unfortunately not nearly as busy. Beers were certainly OK but given the proximity to other microbreweries in the area, they would not be my first choice.

Back