Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score
IMG_0020.jpg

Wow, this is great. The last open space along the promenade and Jasper House getting a face-lift, too.

And 121 street keeps getting better. I was at Oliver Exchange again tonight - great to see the volume of people walking and gathering around there. A real anchor of this neighbourhood.

Yes, a great location. Hopefully the design will live up to and enhance the project. It makes perfect sense to put the parking underground here and build a good size building on this site.

There are various additional locations through our downtown that have 60's or 70's era buildings with large adjacent surface parking lots that could also be better used. Hopefully some of these will eventually be developed too.

I can't imagine they could build enough underground parking to accommodate all the existing parking from Jasper House plus all the units in this building, especially if it's quite tall. I know there are no parking requirements now so that will certainly be put into play here. Looking forward to it.

I can't imagine they could build enough underground parking to accommodate all the existing parking from Jasper House plus all the units in this building, especially if it's quite tall. I know there are no parking requirements now so that will certainly be put into play here. Looking forward to it.
If they build some 3 or 4 levels of underground parking, they might have enough for Jasper House and still a huge deal of parking for the new tower (the CNIB has 4 levels of underground parking if I'm not mistaken, for example, and it will also have dedicated parking for the CNIB offices).
Also, they might be going for less parking, with new recent lift in restrictions and considering this area is probably going to be THE most walkable node in Edmonton, with the new FreschCo opening in the old Planet Organic, an LRT stop on 120 st/104 Avenue, Oliver Exchange and all of the street retail along the new buildings in the area.
To be fair, if this building gets built and it has condos, I've found myself my new home!

AHH thanks for this! Concept 2 is a lot more interesting than 1, but I'd definitely like to see more emphasis placed on the southwest corner (facing the river valley & curve of the road) in the detailed design. What about maybe having the tower rotated 45 degrees to maximize the views people can get (and overall be more interesting)?

Back