Jasper House | 108m | ?s

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If they build some 3 or 4 levels of underground parking, they might have enough for Jasper House and still a huge deal of parking for the new tower (the CNIB has 4 levels of underground parking if I'm not mistaken, for example, and it will also have dedicated parking for the CNIB offices).
Also, they might be going for less parking, with new recent lift in restrictions and considering this area is probably going to be THE most walkable node in Edmonton, with the new FreschCo opening in the old Planet Organic, an LRT stop on 120 st/104 Avenue, Oliver Exchange and all of the street retail along the new buildings in the area.
To be fair, if this building gets built and it has condos, I've found myself my new home!

Freshco is opening in the old Planet Organic?

I can't imagine they could build enough underground parking to accommodate all the existing parking from Jasper House plus all the units in this building, especially if it's quite tall. I know there are no parking requirements now so that will certainly be put into play here. Looking forward to it.
Jasper/121 is one of the most walkable, urban, amenity rich areas in the city.

I am wondering about the parking situation there a bit too. I am thinking that in order to proceed with developing the lot, they would have had to set aside some fixed amount for the existing Jasper House building. I don't know how much that leaves for the new building, but as was noted the area has a lot of amenities and is fairly walkable, so not everyone considering living there would be concerned about parking.

This would be a phenomenal project to see go forward. Really hoping we see a design that doesn't ignore all the street frontage on this one. I'd love to see a somewhat curved tower to integrate well with Victoria Promenade / Jasper on all 3 sides of the parcel that would have road frontage!

Edit: Something vaguely along the lines of a proposal in TO (169 The Donway), but with integrating Jasper House in its place.
169thedonwaywest_rendering_(c)hariri__pontarini__architects.jpeg

Last edited:
Jasper House (the building directly adjacent to it) is 43m so if the concepts shared by @Avenuer represent that accordingly it seems as though this tower will be around 100-110m (The Pearl is around 120m), thats what my eyes say at least :p
It's close to what I got, but my calculations estimated something between 110 and 120m, about the same as the Pearl

If they build some 3 or 4 levels of underground parking, they might have enough for Jasper House and still a huge deal of parking for the new tower (the CNIB has 4 levels of underground parking if I'm not mistaken, for example, and it will also have dedicated parking for the CNIB offices).
Also, they might be going for less parking, with new recent lift in restrictions and considering this area is probably going to be THE most walkable node in Edmonton, with the new FreschCo opening in the old Planet Organic, an LRT stop on 120 st/104 Avenue, Oliver Exchange and all of the street retail along the new buildings in the area.
To be fair, if this building gets built and it has condos, I've found myself my new home!
I'm aware that this is a derail - FreschCo is taking over Planet Organic? Is this confirmed? :)

I'm aware that this is a derail - FreschCo is taking over Planet Organic? Is this confirmed? :)
Yes. Planet Organic has been closed for about a year, now and there are renovations going on the building as of now. I'll try to walk by and sneak a picture.
They also had ads for positions in the area all around Indeed and Facebook, so I'm fairly sure they're bound to open soon.
Also, I spoke with the real estate agent that was responsible for the leasing negotiations and he confirmed it about a month ago.

Back