News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Downtown

9maxvpf1l6461.jpg

Holy Shit that's badass! I love this kind of dystopian artwork. I'll give an updoot to the person who made this on reddit rn. Actually amazing šŸ˜€

Last edited:
Putting aside my feelings of dread or hopelessness when it comes to certain things, I'm still hopeful for the future of our awesome city, and I know in my heart that as time moves on and the wheels start turning again after this era of covid that things will start to change for the better, I just know it! I hope I can spend the rest of my life here, or at least make my life here again if I have to move away for school or to start a career down the line. I ā¤ you Edmonton!

@archited Aww šŸ„ŗ Don't cry, now's our time to smile for what's to come! God knows everyone needs a smile now more than ever.

I just felt like I needed something new, ya know? The L stand for Luka, which is the name of yours truly!

I kinda thought that it stood for "Likable"; if you had "LL" that would work. You could be the foil for Supergirl (remembering that Lois Lane and Lana Lang were hung on Superman). Likable Luka has a nice ring to it!

Keep telling yourself that.

Called 911 for the second time this month.

It has definitely gotten worse than a couple of years ago, but remember that we are in the middle of a global pandemic and economic shut down. There is no way things could start to improve during this time, so we need to look forward to the end of this tumultuous period and work towards continuing to improve the state of our city. We should see a turnaround once things start to normalize.

^^

unfortunately it began long before ā€œa couple of years prior to covidā€. :(

there is more than one root cause but one of them that doesnā€™t get enough attention is edmontonā€™s penchant for new and shiny things and a seeming dislike for maintenance and repairs (maybe because that leads to a need for more new and shiny things???).

whether itā€™s streets and sidewalks or street trees and parks or bridges and pools, there seems to be a missing sense of pride/presence in edmonton in general and downtown in particular.

if we treat our downtown streets and sidewalks as not much more than storage spaces for pylons and barriers and temporary signs (whether they're in use or not), why we would expect people to treat them with any more respect than any other temporary neglected environment?

Last edited:
For almost no reason at all...
Isn't it sad about poor Lesley More
Shot with six shells from a forty-four
No less; no more.

There is a reason for that... look at who the tenant is and limited space. That said, I had heard that they were moving out in the next while and after the required significant renovation/restoration/fire/floor repairs, we should see this back to active frontage*

*It will need a developer/consultant group with special care and attention.

Back