Rogers Place | ?m | ?s | Katz Group | HOK

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
The reviews (and I imagine the books themselves) focus on the monetary aspects of development and the enriching of already-wealthy individuals. That's one side of the coin. On the flip side, the arena has endendered literally billions of new core-centric development with multiple factors of what has already been spent yet to come. The tax base is being dramatically expanded (especially on a square foot -- square metre land valuation). In sum I am wanting to say "so what!", but my mother has always cautioned me not to be rude. The reviewer and the authors might just as well have written about Katz getting rich on the sale of prescription drugs.
"Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Katz ventured, and gained.

Next!

@Mountain Man It could just look like that because it was taken from far away with a telephoto lens (I don't know that much about taking those kinds of pictures). Have you ever seen a picture of train tracks taken like that? almost looks like a roller coaster ride.

The angle and zoom on the camera certainly make it look worse, but I see that wavy-ness in every picture of the building now, definitely poor construction. The concern should be about long term maintenance of the arena, if they didn't care to make things look nice there, then there are likely a lot of cut corners and value engineering waiting to cause issues in the future.

Metis Forum and Night city looking South 2019-11-30 049.JPG

@.crystalised. These are the only other options I am aware of:
  • The GWG/Red Strap building (Gene Dub)
  • The RAM site (Qualico was pushing for this one as it would have given Stationlands a big boost)
  • Jasper Avenue between 106 and 107 Streets (now set to become the Warehouse District Park)

@.crystalised. These are the only other options I am aware of:
  • The GWG/Red Strap building (Gene Dub)
  • The RAM site (Qualico was pushing for this one as it would have given Stationlands a big boost)
  • Jasper Avenue between 106 and 107 Streets (now set to become the Warehouse District Park)
Cool, thanks! Of the other three known, my second choice would have been Warehouse District Park, but they really selected the best place for Ice District IMO

Back