Stadium Plaza | 23m | 6s | Capitaland | SPAN Architecture

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Developer tables plan for Parkdale apartments once managed by notorious landlord

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/parkdale-apartments-infamous-landlord-1.5083961

@davcocom It was talked about briefly in this thread, but I didn't give it its own since it was kind of tucked away from the public eye. I could still branch it off if you like?

EDIT: Branched!

Welcome to the Forum!

Last edited:
@cpnfantstk Now THAT is what Edmonton truly needs if you ask me ?

The whole Norwood/Alberta Avenue needs some love desperately for sure. It has gotten and is continuing to get much better from what I understand though!

The whole Norwood/Alberta Avenue needs some love desperately for sure. It has gotten and is continuing to get much better from what I understand though!

Oh yeah, my older neighbours have said that there has been considerable improvement in the overall look and feel of our area over the past 5 years even. For example, the new duplex we purchased is on a lot formerly occupied by an old house damaged beyond repair by fire. It sat there for a year before our builder purchased it and built the duplex. There are many similar situations in the neighbourhood where new duplexes have been going up on vacant lots or lots with dilapidated properties. Gentrification is definitely in full swing here (now we need some new businesses to move in!).

I really like the area around the stadium. I would love to live there at some point, as the area has a lot going for it, despite its rough recent history. My dad grew up there in the 60s, and he said it was a great neighbourhood back then.

Avenue Magazine did an article about some of the change happening: https://www.avenueedmonton.com/city-life/stadium-yards-commonwealth-stadium/

Back