News   Apr 03, 2020
 8K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

Village At Britannia (10157 - 160 STREET NW)

Canadian 001

Member Bio
Reaction score
Major Development Permit
Permit ClassDiscretionary Development
Permit DateNov 02, 2023
StatusIn Progress
Description of DevelopmentTo construct a mixed-use 6-Storey Multi-unit Housing (apartment) building with 80 Dwellings and ground-level General Retail Stores, and to demolish 3 existing Single Detached Houses.
Address201, 10157 - 160 STREET NW

The Site (The Houses were demoed Earlier this Year)
Screenshot 2024-08-24 4.35.21 PM.png

I mean hey, at least it's a mixed-use building with (hopefully) affordable rent 🤷‍♂️

Jasper Place should be seeing more development as the LRT gets closer to completion, and it'd be cool if it's more 4/1s and 5/1s with commercial spaces (and better designs ofc lol)

I mean hey, at least it's a mixed-use building with (hopefully) affordable rent 🤷‍♂️

Jasper Place should be seeing more development as the LRT gets closer to completion, and it'd be cool if it's more 4/1s and 5/1s with commercial spaces (and better designs ofc lol)
Surprised there’s CRUs on these though. Probably 40+ empty storefronts along SPR, including west of 156st where they haven’t been impacted by LRT work. I can’t see demand to fill all the commercial in this area in the next decade. Anything off the Main Street feels like pure residential would be most sensible.

Surprised there’s CRUs on these though. Probably 40+ empty storefronts along SPR, including west of 156st where they haven’t been impacted by LRT work. I can’t see demand to fill all the commercial in this area in the next decade. Anything off the Main Street feels like pure residential would be most sensible.

I dunno, I think that Jasper Place might be seeing big changes soon. It's a pretty affordable area, there's a lot of potential and a lot of sites prime for redevelopment, and the LRT may just be the catalyst for a big boom in infill.

Back