Valley Line LRT | TransEd/Marigold | City of Edmonton

I know I'm sounding impatient and sounding unknowledgable but based off of what has been accomplished this year so far it seems like an opening of 2029 is a large over estimation. If work is steady for all of next year most roads and lots of track bed could be ready and the elevated section could be nearly finished considering it appears that most piers are done. I understand it takes time and Edmonton has had a poor track record of completing on time but it doesn't sound exactly right that we are still 4 years away?
Construction is pretty hard to measure that far out. If we have 4 more good summers that last into November with below average rainfall, 2028 could happen. But all you need is 1 summer with a ton of rain to mess the timelines up. Also who knows how far along Hundai Rotem is on the LRT’s. There could be an issue there that messes things up on the testing side of things

When will they commence downtown construction on 102 Ave? Why wasn't this started last year?
I think the goal is to reopen 103 Ave fully before completely closing off 102 Ave, as will be required. Keep in mind that 103rd is the primary point of exit from the Ice District parkade, so it does get extremely busy after arena events.

I think 102 Ave will be very far along 12 months from now. Nothing to worry about imo.

I see 2025 with the road reconstruction on the LRT line largely complete. The focus will shift to track bed and station construction.
I think people are forgetting only HALF the roads are even done… like all of 87ave, 156st, 104th ave. They only have HALF the road finished, then still have to finish those…which they might not be all complete before snow comes… then they need to demolish and rebuild the entire other sides of every road. That’ll take another 2 summers.

0 stations are built.

102ave downtown is untouched.

No landscaping, testing, etc will start till that’s all finished. There is a ton left to do still.

As this video shows, most roads aren’t even moved over to new asphalt sections yet. Let alone excavating the other sides. Roads won’t be done till 2026 Fall.

The small stretch of SPR in glenora almost has both roadways finished and open. But that’s it. Everything else is a year or 2 behind that section.

Major intersections like 178/87, 170/87, 149/SPR, 142/SPR have 0 roadway rebuilt yet. Those will be massive undertakings.

13310924-836F-411A-9991-4D4A9BA1BDE7.png
09DAA0E7-B816-497A-AC6B-BD390F439902.png
31B9DA41-F60B-4E1C-B48B-4F5C264B1F5A.png
7529B16B-E936-43F2-BE87-A6E441C993AC.png
EE846EBD-F0FF-4D4A-ADC4-F931E6DDB9F4.png
F141F843-D706-4A82-AD38-925943ECED3D.png
444BEFC7-03AD-448A-9D13-7325553D510C.png

I think people are forgetting only HALF the roads are even done… like all of 87ave, 156st, 104th ave. They only have HALF the road finished, then still have to finish those…which they might not be all complete before snow comes… then they need to demolish and rebuild the entire other sides of every road. That’ll take another 2 summers.

0 stations are built.

No landscaping, testing, etc will start till that’s all finished. There is a ton left to do still.
For sure, but the utility relocations are done for the majority of the alignment west of groat, so its only a matter of removal, placing sidewalks and asphalt.

Landscaping has actually started at the lewis farms stop, although I don’t have any pics

0 stations are built.

I was thinking that the second half of the roads will be under construction next year. If the first half is completed, they could start with drainage in the winter.

Back