Times Square at Century Park | ?m | 6s | ProCura Real Estate | Pelli Clarke Pelli

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Excuse my ignorance but what is a Sign Development?
Nothing more than it says. A permit for some signs. Sounds trivial but its not uncommon, for example, for business signs to extend and encroach onto public sidewalks, in which case there's a pubic liability issue and a business has to comply with the regulations and obtain a clearance letter from the city before erecting their signage.

Last edited:
Okay but are there two threads for this project?? 😭 Could a mod fix this?

What is this "mod" you speak of?
Yeah... I used to help with database stuff, and there was a huge backlog of outdated/new projects plus a huge mod queue since people here love to snip at each other all the time (there were one-two others who dealt with that side usually, and I was the database guy). I think I was the third person to step down in just a couple of months; it's pretty easy to get burned out when years-long members break the rules with their fighting more often than brand new members. Even though I mainly maintained the database, there just came a point where I couldn't justify putting the time into a forum that moonlights as a virtual fight club.

What is it with developers naming things after other places? Times Square, the Louvre, the Hamptons? Cringe.
Oh it goes way, way back. Lets see, we also have names like Windsor Park, Belgravia and Highlands here . So our city is like a mini tour of places from the UK and Europe.

And its not just us, of course before there was a New York, there was a York, Kensington in Toronto is probably named after the one in London and Mount Royal in Calgary sounds a lot like the one in Montreal.

Back