News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Parking, Parking, Parking

1712247820755.png

Yay, service charges no one asked for. I guess they'd rather we use expensive pay stations that are subject to malfunctions and vandalism.

(Says the person who ends up paying 35-50 cents to not have to walk to and waste time at a pay station)

The pay stations exist and have to be maintained anyways. Although I did find it easier when there was a meter next to every spot and you didn't have to walk a half a block or more to pay.

You do realize citizens exist to make things easy for the government, not the other way around.

What is up with the ridiculous posts by the Strathcona Farmer's Market. I am losing all respect. I can't wait for 104 St outside - a much better market experience.

In this post we are supposed to believe somebody would pay the gas cost to drive from Calgary to Edmonton and then back so they can attend the farmer's market and the few bucks saved from free parking makes it so worth it!?

And the market is nice but I wouldn't even drive 30 minutes to go to it let alone 3+ hours x 2.

Screenshot_20240413-172127_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
What is up with the ridiculous posts by the Strathcona Farmer's Market. I am losing all respect. I can't wait for 104 St outside - a much better market experience.

In this post we are supposed to believe somebody would pay the gas cost to drive from Calgary to Edmonton and then back so they can attend the farmer's market and the few bucks saved from free parking makes it so worth it!?

And the market is nice but I wouldn't even drive 30 minutes to go to it let alone 3+ hours x 2.

View attachment 556051
Paying for parking is a hassle but a 3 hour drive from Calgary isn't?

The farmers market disabled and hid the comments on their wacky Instagram post, which is too bad because I was enjoying all of the funny, sarcastic comments.

The farmers market replied to a comment saying that the 'vast majority' of their customers come from out of town and even international locations. I wish I would have screen capped that one.

Paths For People wrote a great response to this which is far more constructive. In short, we should all be reaching out to the farmers market and the city to let them know our feedback.

I don’t get how they think parking will be the make or break for them with bountiful literally closer for most drivers and with tons of parking.

Downtown and Strathcona have to compete on their unique advantages. Urban vibes, walkable and bikeable areas, city charm and nearby parks. That’s what draws people.

Back