Reaction score
Polish Hall Senior's Residence skewered by EDC:

B.2. Polish Heritage Society of Edmonton Seniors Housing
RPK Architects - Jan Pierzchajlo
10911 - 105 Street NW
Site legally described as:
Lot 6, Block 4D, Plan 9826358

Motion of non support for the following reasons:
● The committee observes that the density, site coverage, and location of the proposed building (i.e. setbacks) is setting a precedent for an overdevelopment of the remainder of the site
● The existing landscape plan should be updated to reflect the current architectural proposal and existing context. The landscape should not be taken verbatim from the DC document
● The articulation of the ground floor facades do not create enough architectural interest and variation in comparison to the upper levels. Issues around privacy, outdoor amenity space, and perceived security are not addressed in the present design
● The committee recommends the removal of the public pedestrian path along the western edge of the property as it is of questionable benefit to both the residents and the public. There is already a strong pedestrian link on the eastern edge of the site
● If a public pedestrian path is required on the western side of the building, the yard should be increased to allow for better pedestrian access through the site and defensible space (i.e. patio space) for residents

https://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/documents/EDCMinutesNovember29.pdf

Dunno much else about the project.

Project doesn't appear to be ready to go anywhere, but thought I'd start a thread for it nonetheless.

10911 105 Street
30m
8s
220 units

DC2_832_Appendix-1.png

DC2_832_Appendix-2.pngDC2_832_Appendix-1.png

DC2 requires 22 units be built to retain the zoning, but it looks like they're going back to Council to get an extension on the non-accessory parking.

Apparently the DC2 zoning renewal was approved on Feb 4, 2020, and now is going back again:

Description: To rezone from DC2 to CB2, RA9
Type: REZONING
Application ID: 376259451-003
Decision Date:
Application Date: 4-DEC-2020
Public Hearing Date:
Current Document: Current Document

I will be surprised if this goes ahead. Most everyone that started this are dead now. Both my parents were on the original board. Mother has been gone over 10 years now and Dad died in March. I think Wasnea was on the Board at some time as well. Jan Pierczjalo (RPAP) was one of the original designs.

Description: To develop a temporary Non-accessory Parking Site (335 stalls in total, expire on February 4, 2025).
Permit date: February 2, 2021
Type: Development Permit
Subtype: Major Development Permit
Category: N/A
Class: Class B
Address: 10911 - 105 STREET NW
Neighbourhood: CENTRAL MCDOUGALL
Zoning: CB2, RA9, DC2

Back