News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Improving local Wikipedia pages

CplKlinger

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey all. I've worked on quite a few Wikipedia articles, ranging from Edmonton's, to Blatchford's, to Fort Sask Transit's pages. I've noticed that a lot of pages relating to Edmonton and the surrounding region are pretty out of date and/or bare-bones. For instance, Edmonton Fire Rescue's page is pretty much just an overview of its organizational structure, a list of stations, and an uncited list of its apparatus (which could very well be inaccurate since I have found no sources which corroborate it). Given how engaged you guys are regarding topics pertinent to Edmonton, does anyone else here contribute to Wikipedia? If not, would you consider it? Hopefully this thread can be a place where folks interested in this can discuss articles and topics, ask questions about editing, and collaborate on improving the quality of local content.

Last edited:
Hey all. I've worked on quite a few Wikipedia articles, ranging from Edmonton's, to Blatchford's, to Fort Sask Transit's pages. I've noticed that a lot of pages relating to Edmonton and the surrounding region are pretty out of date and/or bare-bones. For instance, Edmonton Fire Rescue's page is pretty much just an overview of its organizational structure, a list of stations, and an uncited list of its apparatus (which could very well be inaccurate since I have found no sources which corroborate it). Given how engaged you guys are regarding topics pertinent to Edmonton, does anyone else here contribute to Wikipedia? If not, would you consider it? Hopefully this thread can be a place where folks interested in this can discuss articles and topics, ask questions about editing, and collaborate on improving the quality of local content.
Hey, if you're up to the task, we could scavenge the forum for useful and important information and then ask if we can use that to improve and even create Wikipedia pages. I'm down to help (just can't spare too much time, but I can help, nonetheless)

Hey, if you're up to the task, we could scavenge the forum for useful and important information and then ask if we can use that to improve and even create Wikipedia pages. I'm down to help (just can't spare too much time, but I can help, nonetheless)
That's a lovely idea! We couldn't cite things said directly on here, but there's definitely a wealth of sources, documents, and pictures that can be used. It's definitely ok if you can't give too much time; life comes first. Hopefully others want to help out as well. If a few of us give a little bit of time, it'll add up quickly :)

Back