News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

General Infill Discussion

One more thing. I think that little wedge between 136 Street and 139 St. between 102 Avenue and stony plain road should also be fair game to more dense development as it will be close to the future LRT station. And I don’t believe in that little pocket there are many true heritage homes.

The Glenora Heritage Character Area Rezoning would not have prevented property owners from demolishing historical buildings. Honestly, the City does not have the authority (without paying large sums of money) from preventing the demolition historic resources. If people are serious about preserving our heritage assets, then owners of those buildings should designate them as Municipal Historic Resources.

The fact that the VAST majority of houses in Glenora listed on the Inventory of HIstoric Resources are not formally designated and protected from demolition is very telling... Anyone in that neighbourhood that is complaining about the cancellation of this project who has an Inventoried property that isn't designated os being hypocritical.

The Glenora Heritage Character Area Rezoning would not have prevented property owners from demolishing historical buildings. Honestly, the City does not have the authority (without paying large sums of money) from preventing the demolition historic resources. If people are serious about preserving our heritage assets, then owners of those buildings should designate them as Municipal Historic Resources.

The fact that the VAST majority of houses in Glenora listed on the Inventory of HIstoric Resources are not formally designated and protected from demolition is very telling... Anyone in that neighbourhood that is complaining about the cancellation of this project who has an Inventoried property that isn't designated os being hypocritical.

Good point. Whereas in Westmount, a fair amount of homes have been designated it seems like.

I feel we should try to avoid blaming those living in older homes or putting this all on them, that feels like scapegoating or deflection to me.

I don't know what is involved in getting designation, the work involved, etc ... Perhaps there should be a better, easier or different process.

Back