Wadhurst Townhomes | 11.75m | ?s

Open house on Saturday.

For $800k to $1M, I wonder how these kinds of views will be received.

Screenshot_20240306-182412_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240306-182457_Samsung Internet.jpg

Open house on Saturday.

For $800k to $1M, I wonder how these kinds of views will be received.

The units on the first (nearly completed) building are actually being marketed for $769,000 - $850,000 depending on the unit.

I actually think that is a lot great value considering the level of finishing it looks like these will have. Tough to get a skinny house along the street for less than $1M.

They've dropped the price to $699,000 for one of the units now. When the showhome first opened there was one sale of the end unit. Nothing has sold since.

Could stage two be changed to PBR apartments, or is the entire lot already condominiumized?

Resident pushback would be high, but ZBR was passed for that?

Problem with these units is primarily layout. They are narrow and tall, making them less desirable for older people and young families. When your primary market segment is DINKs you've got a steeper hill to climb.

Most urban townhouses are 14-18' wide and and work well.

It's likely more a comparison to freehold houses and other options that continue to persuade folks that these are not of the same value.
These units have a layout that is somewhat unusual for Edmonton. The garage is on the main floor, kitchen on the second floor and bedrooms on the third floor. As has already been pointed out, some people like urban living and are not looking for a freehold house. The challenge is that the people who can afford this type of townhouse probably won't spend a $1,000,000 on something that may be difficult for them to navigate if they are older.

Like in any city or housing decision making; that's normal and not likely intended for the 65+ crowd, but rather the affluent 45-55 crowd.

Back