Wadhurst Townhomes | 11.75m | ?s

North building is a bit nicer floor plans, even if I like the outside of the south building more. Interesting that there are no basements. Limits your future use - pricing is pretty aggressive at high 700s, but not surprising I suppose given the area. I think I'd rather buy a semi-detached with a basement in the area, versus something like this though.

North building is a bit nicer floor plans, even if I like the outside of the south building more. Interesting that there are no basements. Limits your future use - pricing is pretty aggressive at high 700s, but not surprising I suppose given the area. I think I'd rather buy a semi-detached with a basement in the area, versus something like this though.

There is one unit that is only 1,560 sq ft and that is probably the one in the high 700's and as you say, no basement.
Most of the units are about 1,900 sq ft so I'm guessing $950's for those.

Looks like @TAS called it - prices are up and range from $771k to just over 1 mil. Seems steep compared to infills a few blocks away.

Looks like @TAS called it - prices are up and range from $771k to just over 1 mil. Seems steep compared to infills a few blocks away.

The smallest unit is actually less than 1500 sq ft of living space for the big price tag. Because there are no basements and the mechanical room is on the ground floor, they can count that as living space (and they are).

These floor plans are virtually the same but more square footage as their townhomes in Keswick as well as Sherwood Park where these sell in the 400's. The exteriors here are much more impressive though and of course location, location, location.

Be interesting to see how sales go.

The thing is find that semi-detached in an area as good as this.
I've been staying at my boss' place right across from where these townhomes will be and boy, IF I ever wanted a house in Edmonton (not happening, I'm a condo guy through and through) this would be my top spot, 100%. I'd absolutely never buy anything if I need to walk more than 3 blocks from a major grocery store.

Out of curiosity, that behemoth of a house that neighbors this plot of land, in the corner with 103 Ave is going for $1.8M

According to the mls listing for these, the exterior materials on these luxury, pricey townhomes are vinyl, stucco and Hardie board.

Also a condo fee of $319/month for one of the smaller units that is 1630 sq.ft.

Last edited:
Yes, I suspect the price is related to the good location. Even if gas prices were not so high, not everyone wants to live in a far flung suburban area where you have to drive everywhere, which can also be quite time consuming.

Unfortunately, there are not that many areas of Edmonton as walkable and so well located with nearby amenities.

The prices here should highlight how difficult it is to create affordable inner-city product. Cantiro is familiar with infill and as pointed out this is very similar to greenfield housing they produce in Keswick and Sherwood Park for half the price. While the location is obviously great, prices are quiet steep for townhouses.

The prices here should highlight how difficult it is to create affordable inner-city product. Cantiro is familiar with infill and as pointed out this is very similar to greenfield housing they produce in Keswick and Sherwood Park for half the price. While the location is obviously great, prices are quiet steep for townhouses.
The land here cost them significantly more than any greenfield development they have, plus demolition costs. You can add a good chunk of change to the costs because of this.
Add it to the location factor and the prices are well within expectations.
I do wish they'd gone some $200k lower (I'd be purchasing one right now) but I'm not surprised, or disappointed, by the prices

The land here cost them significantly more than any greenfield development they have, plus demolition costs. You can add a good chunk of change to the costs because of this.
Add it to the location factor and the prices are well within expectations.
I do wish they'd gone some $200k lower (I'd be purchasing one right now) but I'm not surprised, or disappointed, by the prices
I understand the land costs and demolition, I am not saying Cantiro is doing anything wrong. Just pointing out that infill is expensive.

I understand the land costs and demolition, I am not saying Cantiro is doing anything wrong. Just pointing out that infill is expensive.
I get you. It's not gonna be that expensive everywhere, however. And there's definitely a premium for the location, here, that I don't think anywhere else in Edmonton would warrant

It's an interesting discussion to me. These 11 townhomes are being built on 3 previous lots. The largest of the three sold last and was listed at $550k. Let's say all three sold for that, which is high. That puts land costs at $1.65million. Let's say to tear down the three houses/remediation was done, trees removed and land to be prepped and serviced? Let's up total to an even $2million.

Divided by 11 townhomes that is an average of $181k per home but let's round that up to $200k which puts developer into it for $2.2 million to get to bare, serviced land. There are no basement foundations going in and as townhomes they are cheaper to build since there are multiple shared walls and therefore much less exterior materials required,

So with most of these towhomes selling close to $1 million minus the $200k in costs for land and prep, I'm wondering if the profit margin on these is going to be higher than what is typical for an infill or a new suburb project. And when it comes to housing, how much profit is reasonable?

The thing is find that semi-detached in an area as good as this.
I've been staying at my boss' place right across from where these townhomes will be and boy, IF I ever wanted a house in Edmonton (not happening, I'm a condo guy through and through) this would be my top spot, 100%. I'd absolutely never buy anything if I need to walk more than 3 blocks from a major grocery store.

Out of curiosity, that behemoth of a house that neighbors this plot of land, in the corner with 103 Ave is going for $1.8M
I'd take a hard look at this, as an example, before buying into this development. Could probably finish the basement to your liking and still come out cheaper. All I'm saying is that it is relatively expensive when there are other lower priced comparables in the neighbourhood. I don't doubt that they have to cover their costs, but it is aggressive pricing relatively speaking.

According to the mls listing for these, the exterior materials on these luxury, pricey townhomes are vinyl, stucco and Hardie board.

Also a condo fee of $319/month for one of the smaller units that is 1630 sq.ft.

Does anyone have insight on what are condo fees are usually like on rowhousing like this? And what do they typically cover?

I'd take a hard look at this, as an example, before buying into this development. Could probably finish the basement to your liking and still come out cheaper. All I'm saying is that it is relatively expensive when there are other lower priced comparables in the neighbourhood. I don't doubt that they have to cover their costs, but it is aggressive pricing relatively speaking.
This is a neat house, but it's some 5 blocks too far for me. My limit is 3 blocks from a major grocery; anything further than that is a massive no to me.

I agree with everyone's assessment that this is an expensive development, but the location would do it for me, were it inside my budget. And the fact that it does not have basement, backyard (and barely any front yard) is actually a plus for me. I think houses, and what these things that are usually so valued, entail are too much of a hassle, especially for someone completely averse to DIYing anything.

I truly appreciate you linking this listing, however.
I'll probably just end up purchasing a condo in West Oliver or the core (the Iluminada does have a pretty nice 3bdr with 1800sqft that I loved, listed for 680k).

Back