Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

IMG_7962.jpeg

IMG_7963.jpeg

IMG_7966.jpeg

Glenora stop ready to be poured

Drove by the construction today, and I saw fixtures like sidewalks ready to be poured between 125 Street-Groat Bridge at SPR north. Again for Meadowlark Road and 87 Avenue. Also some track beds ready for pouring (with insulation) west of 178 Street, along with the AHD/87 Avenue intersection being moved east.

Drove by the construction today, and I saw fixtures like sidewalks ready to be poured between 125 Street-Groat Bridge at SPR north. Again for Meadowlark Road and 87 Avenue. Also some track beds ready for pouring (with insulation) west of 178 Street, along with the AHD/87 Avenue intersection being moved east.
It appears that the road over Groat is actually connected and blacktop has been laid. Looks like there is some work still to be done on the bridge and along the rest of the corridor to the east, but it is close.

Took the SE line on Friday after needing to get from Millwoods back to the west end without wheels. Gave me some hope again.

It was wonderful. What a beautiful train. Still wish it was faster, but I loved the trip and views. So excited for the west leg to open in 2028/29.

Only new criticism, the seats that face each other seem closer than on capital line? I’m a bit taller at 6’2, but even for someone 5’8 it seemed likes your knees would be touching? Anyone else have perspective on that?

Took the SE line on Friday after needing to get from Millwoods back to the west end without wheels. Gave me some hope again.

It was wonderful. What a beautiful train. Still wish it was faster, but I loved the trip and views. So excited for the west leg to open in 2028/29.

Only new criticism, the seats that face each other seem closer than on capital line? I’m a bit taller at 6’2, but even for someone 5’8 it seemed likes your knees would be touching? Anyone else have perspective on that?
What? Isn't it supposed to open in 2027?

Back