Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Looking at the design, I like that 104 Ave will be 2 lanes each direction between 105 up until SPR where it becomes 1 lane

Looking at the design, I like that 104 Ave will be 2 lanes each direction between 105 up until SPR where it becomes 1 lane
The 4 lanes around the LRT stop are going to make walkability in an urban environment a living nightmare. It might actually be unsafe if an urgent evacuation of the station is ever needed. Should have been cut down to 2 lanes in total.

1699493459851.jpeg

The 4 lanes around the LRT stop are going to make walkability in an urban environment a living nightmare. It might actually be unsafe if an urgent evacuation of the station is ever needed. Should have been cut down to 2 lanes in total.
I don't think I understand what you meant. The station is literally in an open space. If there is an evacuation due to things like a fire or explosion, people can just run away from it very easily to either end of the station to safety. Even if you get trapped from both ends of the station, you can just climb over the low railings and run through traffic to get out of the way from all directions. The station also acts as a median island for pedestrians making it more walkable than before the lrt.

If anyone hasn't had a chance to ride the Valley Line yet, you may be interested in my video documenting the entire line from Mill Woods to 102 Street.

I still remember eagerly watching your videos driving along the line while it was under construction, it feels a little surreal coming full circle like this. Thanks for the video, you did great as always!

If anyone hasn't had a chance to ride the Valley Line yet, you may be interested in my video documenting the entire line from Mill Woods to 102 Street.

Great video.

I'm wondering why the station identification signs at Davies are on the platform (to the left of the train direction) when the standard elsewhere in the LRT network is that they should be placed on the outer walls of the station (e.g. Clareview, Belvedere) or on the outside perimeter of the station (Southgate, Century Park), to the right hand side when the train is moving forward.

I got my lazy butt on at the 102 St stop the other day to transfer to Capital Line at Churchill. Haven't been able to do so going to work yet as I usually get to Churchill when the Valley Line just left. Can't wait for 5-minute frequencies then.

One thing though is that I waited almost 3 minutes for a walk signal to get to the Churchill Connector. Half the people jaywalked. One person naturally started crossing as the train was leaving the stop. I'll send a suggestion to the city that they need to prioritize letting passengers cross shortly after disembarking from the train. It's all the little things.

Back