Valley Line LRT/ Valley Line West | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

Of course track work is easier when closed. So do the work. Instead of having 5 guys every 20 blocks along the route doing curbs, get the most critical sections finished and opened. SPR being opened will help relieve 102ave which is seeing brutal congestion right now. That bridge connection is key.

What’s hard to understand is the businesses and residents that were told one thing and now it’s dragging on way past initial timelines and there seems to be little effort to actually reopen the road. Why random parts of 156st are finished when the bridge over groat for SPR isn’t, makes no sense. Reallocate labour to reduce disruptions and traffic congestion.

I’m meeting with a city spokesperson and PR consultant for the project soon. Will share what they tell me about the delays. Apparently the city is “working on its messaging”.
A 14km project has work done on all sections. Construction doesn’t work like 1 section at a time, this isn’t just specific to an LRT project. I think their messaging has been clear, anyone who said that construction on the road won’t take a while was clearly lying and has no idea how complex LRT projects are

Thanks to all the forum members that have been posting construction update pictures, nice to keep tabs on progress while I'm out of town.

I don't think I've seen any updates on the downtown connector portion though, is that being worked on currently?

Please don't tell me this thing is going to operate as two separate legs...

Back